Who's in ApiNZ?

Welcome to NZ Beekeepers+
Would you like to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

StephenB

Banned
New Zealand
Experience
Commercial
Before joining Alastair , think about the spin they place on there claims. On of the most disturbing spins to me is the member ship numbers and how they present them. You will notice how they never say what the actual membership level is. The spin comes out about representing something like 2000 hobby members. These hobby members seem to be members of clubs that have membership to Api. They then tell the government, and I have been in the room when its done, they represent quite a large number of beekeepers. eg 2500

Having seen this way of twisting words, makes me very suspicious of what else they are twisting. (and they fight hard to hid it)

• Agree
Reactions: frazzledfozzle

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Too late Stephen I already joined.

However I do agree with your points, some things about the organisation do seem secretive and mysterious. However I guess they have their reasons. Much of these corporate ways are beyond my understanding as a simple beekeeper ;).

Reactions: NickWallingford

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Wonder if it would be possible for APINZ and NZBI to combine resources and unite under one banner?

The reason why NZBI was set up was totally legitimate at the time, beekeepers who had formerly been in charge of their own affairs, were now relegated to a minority vote, rendering them powerless to deal with perceived threats that might emerge. Totally understandable some of them formed a new organisation.

The minority vote issue has now been dealt with.

Would be interesting for leaders of the two groups to sit at a table, define what differences still exist if any, and work on resolving them. Some compromises may be needed from both sides but best I know of the current situation there should be nothing that is too far apart to meet in the middle.

There's some personality differences between people but that should not be relevant and should be left at the door.

And people who don't like this or that about the other organisation, if you combine you get a vote, you can change things.

There you go leaders, how about make a phone call or two and set up a meeting?

Gisborne Tairawhiti
Experience
Researcher
Unverified Content: Some or all of the content of this post contains unverified claims. Information (which could be true or false) that is unconfirmed at the time it is shared.
Before joining Alastair , think about the spin they place on there claims. On of the most disturbing spins to me is the member ship numbers and how they present them. You will notice how they never say what the actual membership level is. The spin comes out about representing something like 2000 hobby members. These hobby members seem to be members of clubs that have membership to Api. They then tell the government, and I have been in the room when its done, they represent quite a large number of beekeepers. eg 2500

Having seen this way of twisting words, makes me very suspicious of what else they are twisting. (and they fight hard to hid it)
So let's say you look at what ApiNZ has done and is trying to do . . .but only represents 50 signed up beekeepers and 3 clubs. I'm not sure how that affects what they may or may not have achieved? The same for NZBeekeeping or SNI group

Bay of Plenty
Experience
Commercial
Wonder if it would be possible for APINZ and NZBI to combine resources and unite under one banner?
I have personally invited NZBI to sit around a table and to look at just that, still no response from NZBI, said you name the time and place, we can have all exec members or just a few, what ever you think. The offer is still open, the reply is still silent.

Alastair

Founder Member
Platinum
Auckland
Experience
Semi Commercial
Don
I have personally invited NZBI to sit around a table and to look at just that, still no response from NZBI, said you name the time and place, we can have all exec members or just a few, what ever you think. The offer is still open, the reply is still silent.
Don't give up on it Dennis it's a worthy goal.

And hey NZBI management, how about stepping up?

Grant

Staff member
Founder Member
Platinum
So let's say you look at what ApiNZ has done and is trying to do . . .but only represents 50 signed up beekeepers and 3 clubs. I'm not sure how that affects what they may or may not have achieved? The same for NZBeekeeping or SNI group
There's a couple of posts floating around like this. Look I personally get its an opinion and a off the cuff example of figures, but the reality is the very next post has taken that as a quoted figure - albeit with a question mark. The post has therefore been flagged because its been interpreted as being fact over a personal opinion. If you don't want it flagged as such you have to be very clear that the numbers or whatever you are quoting are made up. This is a general comment to clarify the position for everyone and is not aimed at the OP

• Good Info
Reactions: tommy dave
Gisborne Tairawhiti
Experience
Researcher
APINZ only has 50 signed up beekeepers?
No
There's a couple of posts floating around like this. Look I personally get its an opinion and a off the cuff example of figures, but the reality is the very next post has taken that as a quoted figure - albeit with a question mark. The post has therefore been flagged because its been interpreted as being fact over a personal opinion. If you don't want it flagged as such you have to be very clear that the numbers or whatever you are quoting are made up. This is a general comment to clarify the position for everyone and is not aimed at the OP
Holy moly, everyone is a bit precious arent they. My intention was 'let's say ApiNZ had only 50 beekeepers - would that change your opinion of what they had or had not achieved'.
It was in direct relation to the fixation that they are trying to skew membership levels.

Sheesh. Think I'll park it for now

Bay of Plenty
Experience
Commercial

Carful with the spin Steve, you'll get dizzy.

Reactions: Mummzie

yesbut

Staff member
Nelson
Experience
Hobbyist
No

Holy moly, everyone is a bit precious arent they. My intention was 'let's say ApiNZ had only 50 beekeepers - would that change your opinion of what they had or had not achieved'.
It was in direct relation to the fixation that they are trying to skew membership levels.

Sheesh. Think I'll park it for now
If you'd written what you'd intended to say there'd have been no drama John. Clear communication is particularly important on these forums.

• Haha
Reactions: Trevor Gillbanks