NZ Beekeepers +
Grant

Mail consultation on manuka standard extended

Grant    3,707

Today we've extended our consultation on a scientific definition to authenticate New Zealand mānuka honey and the proposed new requirements for the export of bee products to 13 June 2017.

Consultation has been running for five weeks and was due to close on Tuesday 23 May, but following feedback from stakeholders during this time we have decided to release all of our scientific data.

We are now making the data related to honey samples, nectar samples and marker stability available.

If you would like to receive the data please indicate your interest by emailing: manuka.honey@mpi.govt.nz

Please note we are still working through a process to ensure the data is in a usable format and meets privacy, commercial and confidence requirements. At this stage we are planning on having the data available for release no later than Thursday 25 May 2017.

We will hold a public meeting in Wellington to give stakeholders the opportunity to ask us questions. Details will be posted on our website next week (22 May) >> www.mpi.govt.nz/honeyconsultation

yesbut    3,330
Here we go again. More extensions and delay.

Pardon me for saying so, but I didn't think you were intro active honey ?

Trevor Gillbanks    4,478
Pardon me for saying so, but I didn't think you were intro active honey ?

I am not. It is just the MPI dicking around again.

yesbut    3,330
I am not. It is just the MPI dicking around again.

I've got more to worry about than MPI. Wondering about the goings-on in my hives with the acidified towels for one.

Trevor Gillbanks    4,478

And I a

I've got more to worry about than MPI. Wondering about the goings-on in my hives with the acidified towels for one.

I'm starting to get focused on my 45 days in USA, (Visiting Uncle Donald). We leave in 20 days.

Hector Wong    127
And I a

I'm starting to get focused on my 45 days in USA, (Visiting Uncle Donald). We leave in 20 days.

Are you going to have breakfast with Minnie Mouse too?