Availability of the yellow book

Discussion in 'Disease & Pests' started by Charles, May 18, 2017 at 21:11.

1. Charles

Charles Pupa Commercial

Ratings:
    +608 / -0
    As an aside I spent 2 hours speaking with @Mark Goodwin today on a number of subjects. It looks like with new DNA testing that elimination could become a whole lot more practical. I would urge beekeepers to get behind the qPCR testing when it becomes available.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Trevor Gillbanks

Trevor Gillbanks Field Bee Donor 2016 Semi Commercial Gold Donor '17

Ratings:
    +7,716 / -5
    Name dropping again. @Charles .

3. Charles

Charles Pupa Commercial

Ratings:
    +608 / -0
    A little. It was in part to do with this post of his AFB samples wanted

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChrisM

ChrisM Guard Bee Donor 2016 Silver Donor '17 Beginner

Ratings:
    +1,104 / -0
    So far as I know there is no new release of this book and there is no PDF download available either. I've lamented the lack of both on this forum previously. I said that I think it reflects badly on the NBA [and what they have now become], but that would be repeating myself.

5. Trevor Gillbanks

Ratings:
    +7,716 / -5
    I don't see how you can point your finger at the NBA or ApiNZ for the publication/update or e-release of a book that they do not have Copyrights of.

6. ChrisM

ChrisM Guard Bee Donor 2016 Silver Donor '17 Beginner

Ratings:
    +1,104 / -0
    I think AFB and PMP is underpinned by the NBA and the AFBPMP is a deal between the NBA and the Government to allow 'us' to govern ourselves. (i.e. not to throw us under the bus a.k.a. MPI). The one thing that is central to obtaining one's DECA and the key thing to explain and understand AFB and the AFBPMP is the yellow book.
    So, in my view the yellow book should rate a priority for being keep up to date, being kept relevant and being made freely available. That all costs money and requires leadership. But who else would be the body to lead this kind of thing? Who would you point your finger at in those regards?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Trevor Gillbanks

Ratings:
    +7,716 / -5
    I hear you Chris. The whole PMP system is busted and certainly needs fixing.
    A free copy of the Yellow book would help.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. HSV_Darren

HSV_Darren Pupa Hobbyist

Ratings:
    +298 / -0
    I've just finninshed reading my copy of the yellow book in preparation for my AFB course next week, it great how it repeats important points and information through out the contents to help you remember certain things, one thing I noticed when trying to remember the photos shown was one photo was called "early stage sacbrood infected larve" and the AFB web site had the exact same photo saying "coffee coloured larve" , its not the kind of thing you want to see when your nervous about taking the test knowing that you must get 100% of the photos correct.

9. CraBee

CraBee House Bee Commercial

Ratings:
    +718 / -2
    Ask at the course but as I remember it they admit that is confusing and that the answer is Sacbrood.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1