This year really is turning into a year of firsts for me, which is pretty cool. One of my over wintered nuc's which I put its 5th FD box on last weekend. Every box has been un drawn but I have put extra wax on the frames which I think it paid off. As there are only 7 frames in the hive that are less then 3/4 drawn. Im Thinking about taking a box off and extracting as I don't really want to put a 6th box on. But at this rate I might have to,
I also did my first re-queen from a cage queen. The hive has had a drone layer, then poorly mated queens so it's due for a replacement. Will have to check in a few days hopefully it was a success. Finding the poorly mated queen was a job. When your not looking for them you find them. When you are it takes ages. She must have known her time was almost up.
All the advice I've received/read on here re swarm prevention seams to be paying off thus far. (don't jinx it) So thanks for the advice guys and girls.