Neville

Honey rationing at Pak-N-Save

Flabby stringy muck. The only people who eat goat are the ones who can't afford sheep or pig.

Clearly you didn't try "goat" because what you described is "dog tucker" (although I'd just kick it over a bank, no dogs)

Goat makes the best curry (gotta cook mutton for days to strain the fat out, and lamb hasn't got enough taste to work with currry) but like @Daley said, you've gotta roast it in a bag (or it dries out due to the lack of fat)

And chamois is technically a goat, and delicious, especially cooked in a hangi, then glazed with plum sauce and seared over the grill.

Please provide a picture of these flabby goats. I've heard they are as common as the Fiordland moose.

I heard it's Asians buying honey there in bulk then exporting /taking back home in bulk but who knows...

love goat way better than lamb when prepared properly

I heard it's Asians buying honey there in bulk then exporting /taking back home in bulk but who knows...

The Matamata New World has a sign "Limit 2 per customer UMF+ Manuka Honey" for that exact reason. I can't work out why they wouldn't just restock the shelf more often? Margin doesn't cover the added labour ;)

It's like rabbit, I love rabbit.

I really love rabbit:):), but it's sooooooo expensive here in Auckland:cry::cry::cry: and I don't have a rifle anymore BOOHOO:cry::cry::cry:

It's like rabbit, I love rabbit.

I really love rabbit:):), but it's sooooooo expensive here in Auckland:cry::cry::cry: and I don't have a rifle anymore BOOHOO:cry::cry::cry:

So spoilt down our way, rabbitting every Saturday afternoon, fried backsteaks and the rest for the dogs.

So spoilt down our way, rabbitting every Saturday afternoon, fried backsteaks and the rest for the dogs.

Do you bother skinning for the back steaks or do you just slice them off?

A quick cut behind the shoulders, rip the skin off, run the knife down each side of the backbone and lift the fillets off the ribs, pan fried in butter with salt and pepper.

• Like 1