I can hear sky water on the roof

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20ml here so far!!! So exciting as I am unable to get a water truck to this property due to having an elderly wooden bridge. This will be an awesome addition to my tanks and hopefully start the stream flowing a little to water the cattle, which will further save my tank water.

• Like 3

Wow. After 15 minutes of good rain I got out of bed and put the bung back in the downpipe. I wanted to flush the crud from the dry gutters. 3mm in the gauge! This morning dawned fine again, but with 53mm showing in the rain gauge :D. A quick calculation shows (if my maths is correct) that we have received 13,000+ litres into the tank. Now the kikuyu lawn will jump away again, flowers will bloom and my hive will hum with hunny. :)

• Like 1
*hangs head* I listened to all the noise outside this morning.. it's been really loud.. and thought 'wow, that's a lot of sky water.. finally!".

Then I got out of bed and opened the curtain and it's just lots and lots of blowy stuff. Not a drop anywhere.

Are you on rain water , we are and and in some years when our tanks are low I know sinking feeling when you miss the rain.

I have not had that feeling this year.

We had 42 mls and still going , we do not want it.

Very little rain or wind in Palmerston North last night. We don't need either. The lawns and farms are greener than I have seen them at this time of the year.

I had a call from my 91 year old mother this morning in South Taranaki in Kaponga (under the mountain) and she said the wind last night actually scared her and one of the neighbors trees blew over. She is all ok though. Still lives on her own, in her own house.

• Like 1
Sorry, @Trevor Gillbanks, did you say there was no wind in PN???

Your mother is a legend, obviously!

Yep. No wind in Balmy Palmy. We really got nothing of the storm bomb. Wednesday was a bit draughty but nothing serious.

Yep my mum is cool. Still plays cards most days and nights. Cooks all her own meals etc. All her marbles are still in the box and she knows how to rattle them.

• Like 3
I had a call from my 91 year old mother this morning in South Taranaki in Kaponga (under the mountain) and she said the wind last night actually scared her and one of the neighbors trees blew over. She is all ok though. Still lives on her own, in her own house.

Glad all is well.

Looking out the window the view is seriously compromised by the falling rain. Another day for my bees inside eating what little honey is in the hives.