Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pbee

Archive Observation Hive

Pbee, u may have to include some freebee to get a higher price.:)

[quote="P K Tan, post: 14364, member: 367"]Pbee, u may have to include some freebee to get a higher price.:)[/quote] It's not eating any honey! :D

Look as a fellow bee keeper i know how things seems to accumulate in the shed, so if you start to feel that way with the hive, just send it may way and i'll put it in my shed instead so saving you the worries of where to put it, now talking about kauri i know where there are two nice bits about 8-9 feet long by about 30 inches wide, what should i do with it?:(

[quote name='johnhi30']Oh Come on now it is Kauri, ..... $50 :D[/quote] Bugger I thought it was real wood. Revise my offer to $25.00

[quote="kevin moore, post: 14368, member: 268"]Look as a fellow bee keeper i know how things seems to accumulate in the shed, so if you start to feel that way with the hive, just send it may way and i'll put it in my shed instead so saving you the worries of where to put it, now talking about kauri i know where there are two nice bits about 8-9 feet long by about 30 inches wide, what should i do with it?:([/quote] Firewood. Use Macrocapa to build your bee stuff it is a lot easier to work with.

yer have made a few nuc boxes out of the macrocapa nice to work with and smells nice to, these ones i made where quick no thrills type nucs, a very light plane and slap together, bees don't worry if they are a little rough

[quote="kevin moore, post: 14368, member: 268"]Look as a fellow bee keeper i know how things seems to accumulate in the shed, so if you start to feel that way with the hive, just send it may way and i'll put it in my shed instead so saving you the worries of where to put it, now talking about kauri i know where there are two nice bits about 8-9 feet long by about 30 inches wide, what should i do with it?:([/quote] Mate... 30 inches wide??? Best you could do with pieces like that is a nice family table. A lot of work - but worth it. I have a Totara table like that! Would hate to part with that one! Trevor is right, best wood for beekeeping gear is Macrocarpa. Lasts longer too!

Pbee, where do you get your plexiglass? I want some for windows, after one of the dogs went into a window and severed all but one tendon in one leg:cry:. That's why vets have flash cars:(.

[quote="John V, post: 14377, member: 101"]Pbee, where do you get your plexiglass? I want some for windows, after one of the dogs went into a window and severed all but one tendon in one leg:cry:. That's why vets have flash cars:(.[/quote] Sorry to hear about your dog.:( These guys have plexiglass that won't change color and is guaranteed for 30 years! Good luck! [url="http://www.psp.co.nz"] PSP - Building and Architectural Products for New Zealand [/url]

[quote="John V, post: 14377, member: 101"]Pbee, where do you get your plexiglass? [/quote] Most Glass suppliers have Plexiglass or equivalent.