• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mmmm. When I walk on the lawn now it is starting to crunch under my feet. The ground is starting to open up in big cracks. Rainfall for Dec has been only 8% of normal. Nearly used all of the first water tank - one to go. We shower daily in a bin and give the water to the plants - 20 litres per day. Even the willow tree is going yellow and shedding leaves. Heard the bees working in there yesterday, so I guess that the aphids are back making more honey dew. Wasps will be next, must order the Vespex. This year I will give no quarter. :devil:

• Like 1
Wow those fences in horowhenua!!

I'm happy to share my rain come and get it. Ive only seen that golden beauty in the sky and not emptied the rain Guage 1 day this year. Always wet on the west coast

not always , but certainly this year.

bad bad non existent summer so far

Wow those fences in horowhenua!!

I'm happy to share my rain come and get it. Ive only seen that golden beauty in the sky and not emptied the rain Guage 1 day this year. Always wet on the west coast

I have only ever heard of the West Coast referred to as the "Wet Coast":whistle:

Just home from a 10 day road trip. Went as far as north Hokianga.

Yep very dry around Kerikeri.

Hot and sunny Driving looking at the Manuka flowering on the desert road and enjoying the sun all the way south till 20km from home and then cold and grey. :(

• Like 2

We've just been up the coast as far as Hicks Bay fishing. (There's hives everywhere and they're just starting to mob them up into super dump sites, there's bee trucks and those flash green loaders everywhere, but not a lot of honey according to one of the beeks we talked to. The hives we saw generally didn't seem to have a great deal of supers on.)

It's not as dry there as it is around Tokomaru Bay onwards to Gizzy, they've just put us on water restriction level one as we've had no significant rain for a while and there's been constant wind for months. There's also a total fire ban. We saw 6 water tankers carting water starting at Tolaga Bay down to Okitu.

Mahia so far would be the driest countryside we've seen.

South kaipara . Clover in the hills has gone and in some places the rye grass well on its way. Feeding all the hinds to keep them milking and all the yearlings to keep them growing.the fishing is excellent. Great whites breaching and every other shark as well.stingrays like i have never seen here before .came home on a full tide over the mud flats in about 3 feet of water and for 6 to 8km there were thousands .they literly carpeted the floor unreal site.doing cart wheels out the back hitting the boat. I guess the orca wont be to far away.theyll be here for awhile with all that kai.

• Like 3