HSV_Darren

Taking honey out of the country.

I may be completely wasting my time but someone here will definitely know more about this than me, my brother is home for Christmas, he's been living in Sweden for years, it would be good to give him some of my honey to take back to his extended family,

Is it worth looking into this further? Has anyone investigated the process into taking honey into another country, a friend took my honey to Fiji and another to Japan, I know every country will be different, but hoping someone has tried Sweden.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes you can. But it depends on the recipient country and its biological laws and any other country it travels through - if taken personally.

And pack it in the suitcase, not hand luggage. Honey is classified by the airlines as a liquid, subject to the 100ml law and will be taken off you if not in the suitcase.

• Like 1

Just taken some into Norway, only 1 kg/person.

I always take heaps back to Thailand, never a problem. Depends on country.

No problem taking it to Canada. Brought in 7kg of bush honey and 2 more kg left to give away. Declared of course. They were much appreciated for the flavour.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you will be allowed to take a kilo and I think it needs to be sealed