Looking for NZ Data sets

Hello beautiful people,

I'm heading off to write some mock assessments for NCEA, and thought I might make some that are bee orientated. Does anyone know of any NZ datasets that are in the public domain or that are able to be shared for education purposes?

Links would be great.

Cheers

Emma

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of data are you looking for @MissEmmz?

There is some interesting recent data in the Colony Loss Survey by Landcare Research.

There's also data on the number of beekeepers in NZ over time and by number of beehives. It's published annually in The Beekeeper magazine. Perhaps contact ApiNZ for access to the underlying data.

I'm thinking no one understands what you are asking for, or you'd have had an answer by now.

No Dave. Just a bit slow to get going this morning ;)

• Like 1
Nevertheless, the question is not well expressed...

"What sort of data are you looking for@MissEmmz?"

Data used in mock assessments for NCEA are fairly arbitrary. The OP expressed an interest in beekeeping. I wondered if they had a specific area of interest.

Thank you for the replies.

Really sorry about the vagueness of the question.

I really don't have a specific area of interest, just data is required.

Data on bees would be fantastic, I would take any other subject for data if anyone has it.

The idea is that I get the data file, then I create an assessment linked to the NZ curriculum, and find the right standard on the framework of assessments for it to be tested against.

So whether it is time series, bivariate or multivariate data, it is all wonderful.

The students will choose their variables, draw graphs with statistical software, and then write analysis and a conclusion. Hopefully, the better students will research and find out about the contexts.

The idea is that I get the data file, then I create an assessment linked to the NZ curriculum, and find the right standard on the framework of assessments for it to be tested against.

When you've done that, let's know some of your ideas for solving the Palestinian question !

So whether it is time series, bivariate or multivariate data, it is all wonderful.

The students will choose their variables, draw graphs with statistical software, and then write analysis and a conclusion. Hopefully, the better students will research and find out about the contexts.

Good lord is this for High school :(