Emissary

Honey wars: crime and killings in New Zealand's booming manuka industry

"unconfirmed reports that beekeepers now travel in packs" ... watch out that you don't get cornered by one of the roaming packs, I hear they can be quite nasty :-)

"unconfirmed reports that beekeepers now travel in packs" ... watch out that you don't get cornered by one of the roaming packs, I hear they can be quite nasty :)

I'd believe it.. saw some photos of a rough looking bunch up the east coast somewhere recently. So tough they even travel with an attack goat.

• Like 1

I'd believe it.. saw some photos of a rough looking bunch up the east coast somewhere recently. So tough they even travel with an attack goat.

It's the sight of the tie dyed patches that send a shiver up one's spine:p

Im contractually obligated to destroy pest animals on site while on my Bee blocks (Goats mainly)

So Im well equipped to do this.

• Like 1

Im contractually obligated to destroy pest animals on site while on my Bee blocks (Goats mainly)

So Im well equipped to do this.

Not my Goatini! She's only small and not a pest.

I'm not opposed to shooting any other goats of course, just the baby ones :love:

• Like 2

I'm not opposed to shooting any other goats of course, just the baby ones :love:

Damn, I could have sent you a truck load of little ones.

Next year maybe

Damn, I could have sent you a truck load of little ones.

Next year maybe

Pahahaha I don't want any more but thanks :rofl: I have enough trouble with one, she literally walks all over me!

If I had a bigger place I would definitely get her a friend, but she will just have to make do being an only goat.

Pahahaha I don't want any more but thanks :rofl: I have enough trouble with one, she literally walks all over me!

If I had a bigger place I would definitely get her a friend, but she will just have to make do being an only goat.

Na Na I insist:D

Na Na I insist:D

Well my address is on the MPI website if you all want to know where to leave all your extra goats I hear they're fetching a good price at AFFCO this year..

Manuka dense region of Central Otago? more like rock and tussock dense.

I used to beekeep in the far north by myself, feel a lot happier with my workmate along now :)

I used to beekeep in the far north by myself, feel a lot happier with my workmate along now :)

Yeah working by yourself sucks for any long period of time!

I wouldn't have it any other way.....no arguments over the how or when, no guaranteeing some other blighter's work

I wouldn't have it any other way.....no arguments over the how or when, no guaranteeing some other blighter's work

Fair enough. I love being able to get a second opinion sometimes