deejaycee

Taupo Beekeeping Club starting up

Good on ya, John Carter!

I know there've been requests here on the forum from Taupo/Turangi residents looking for local beekeeping advice. Well, now you have an avenue:

Beekeepers banding together

• Like 1

I know a couple of people who may be interested.

Hi, Does anybody know if the Owhango beekeeping club that started up a few years ago is still active?

I'm sure that if you guys want to do a road trip it could be arranged for you to visit the BoP Beekeeper Group at our next meeting. [Last Sunday of month at 2pm]. Not the sort of thing you would want to do all the time, but if we have 40 to 50 people at a meeting then it could help to enthuse you guys and be helpful on different levels. I have very good memories of Owhango (drinking a beer after riding a bike on the 42nd traverse and fishing the upper Whanganui half way through). We recently had a meeting with visitors who came from Kumeu, so why not Taupo/Taumaranui too?. Anyway, just an idea. I think I am right to say that if one of you or all of you came you'd be most welcome. Feel free to send PM and I will attempt to co-ordinate according to demand.