BeeBeauty

Perth (Australia) beekeepers!!

Hi Folks

Been a while since I've been on here. I've had a panicked phone call from my daughter in Perth, Australia.

She's got bees swarming into a lazy boy seat on their patio.

By a really long chance, does anybody have a link to a hobby beekeeper who will pick them up for free! She's rung a couple of guys but they want to charge $75! Cheek.

Any help really appreciated.

I've used trusty old Facebook and connected son-in-law with a beekeeping group in Perth.

Could be a bit of work involved in getting them out of a lazyboy chair, especially if they don't want it damaged. If they don't get lucky and find a hobbyist who will do it free, they may have to consider paying.

Wouldn't wait too long either, the bees will shred the stuffing.

Well, she finally managed to get someone to collect the bees. Nobody seemed interested which was odd. Finally a hobbyist beekeeper took pity on her and collected them.

Result = Beekeeper 1 new hive, daughter 1 ripped lazy boy. *shrug* Lazy boy can be mended, dead bees don't.5992eb7e03906_Beelazyboy.jpg.adacdb6cf12e74ad29d3f760931bcb37.jpg

5992eb7e03906_Beelazyboy.jpg.adacdb6cf12e74ad29d3f760931bcb37.jpg

• Like 2

I just joined this forum today. Shame I didn't see this sooner a second a friend in Perth just can't find any swarms or hives to collect. The weather has been rubbish, and the interest in flow hives has made demand explode.

• Like 2