Sonbee

NZBF Is this what purchased queen cells should look like?

@Sonbee

You have named the Chch company that supplied the Cells.

It appears that there may be at least one other company in Christchurch with a similar name that may sometimes be refered to as "Queenbeez" for short.

This company is called "Queenbeez and Honey"

In fairness can you clarify which company sold the cells

There may be some layers to this

Im starting to smell a rat

@Sonbee can you confirm the sellers Trademe name please for those who don't know. And is the Queenbeez you dealt with these guys? QUEENBEEZ & HONEY LIMITED | COYS

Yes that is correct.

@Sonbee

You have named the Chch company that supplied the Cells.

It appears that there may be at least one other company in Christchurch with a similar name that may sometimes be refered to as "Queenbeez" for short.

This company is called "Queenbeez and Honey"

In fairness can you clarify which company sold the cells

There may be some layers to this

Im starting to smell a rat

The company is Queenbeez and Honey.

The guy has been around for a long time, im not surprised.

It's important to remember this wasn't a mistake this is a deliberate sale of a substandard product plain and simple.

I think it's good to put the name out there as a warning to others, if you want cells and live in Canterbury buy them from Totara bees or Kirwee bees I bet you will be looked after :)

• Like 1

After naming this company I have just had a text asking for my bank account to repay my money.

Well done to them for realising they can not conduct business this way and I hope they supply queen cells within a 'normal' size range in future.

The guy has been around for a long time, im not surprised.

It's important to remember this wasn't a mistake this is a deliberate sale of a substandard product plain and simple.

I think it's good to put the name out there as a warning to others, if you want cells and live in Canterbury buy them from Totara bees or Kirwee bees I bet you will be looked after :)

Thank you for naming a reliable source. I will follow up on this and I know of several others that will be doing the same.

• Like 3

Never assume ability and experience are linked. It often is but an old cabbage is still a cabbage.

• Like 1

After naming this company I have just had a text asking for my bank account to repay my money.

Well done to them for realising they can not conduct business this way and I hope they supply queen cells within a 'normal' size range in future.

Which means 'they' are members on this forum and have followed this thread without fessing up.

I would like to offer them the opportunity to set the records straight.

What's the story "Queenbeez and Honey"?

Which means 'they' are members on this forum and have followed this thread without fessing up.

I would like to offer them the opportunity to set the records straight.

What's the story "Queenbeez and Honey"?

Or sombody has told them of the thread and they have read as a non user....

• Like 1

I know who it is, and one of the members on this forum use to work with him, they have supplied me with queens in the past and they where very good, and was very helpful to me. We can all make mistakes.

• Like 1

Or sombody has told them of the thread and they have read as a non user....

I drew their attention to this thread. Others may have done the same.

From talking to him, pretty new in the game. Not that hard to put the dots together.

I know who it is, and one of the members on this forum use to work with him, they have supplied me with queens in the past and they where very good, and was very helpful to me. We can all make mistakes.

Why did you think he was new to the game

I drew their attention to this thread. Others may have done the same.

'They' could still comment on this event. Hiding in silence doesn't create confidence!

Maybee @Rob Stockley you want to prompt them to share their view of events?

'They' could still comment on this event. Hiding in silence doesn't create confidence!

Maybee @Rob Stockley you want to prompt them to share their view of events?

Im not overly interested in a bull fight/public mauling. As long as the issue is resolved and they learn their lesson im happy.

Im not overly interested in a bull fight/public mauling. As long as the issue is resolved and they learn their lesson im happy.

It would install public confidence! Definitely not interested in a public mauling. I have made mistakes in the past. A sincere apology can work wonders!

It would install public confidence! Definitely not interested in a public mauling. I have made mistakes in the past. A sincere apology can work wonders!

I get what your saying however apart from spending some time and getting a little hot under the collar on somebody's behalf, We have not been wronged here. I think they company should be offering @Sonbee some proven matted queens as well an apology however I see no reason for this to happen on a public forum.

I agree to a point. A refund is in progress so the buyer isn't out of pocket. The issue of mending public confidence is entirely up to the seller. Whether they do or not is up to them and none of my concern.

Why did you think he was new to the game

Well I have been round the sun 50 times and to get good at anything you must repeat the same thing at least 10,000 times. Brain and muscle memory. Hence martial arts etc. Reparation. So any body doing Bee keeping even after 20- 30 yrs is still learning and will make mistakes. Hence my comment new to the game. On a side note to this I have brought a hive from a member on this forum and being in my first year of Bee keeping was as blind as a new born baby as to what was good and whats bad. And on hind sight what they sold me was rubbish because I have expanded my hive numbers and with my limited experience sort of know now what a good hive is.

let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

This is a good forum with many different views and opinions and sometimes we are all guilty of being keyboard warriors, and can interpret postings incorrectly. Many times things are written with passion, and I am guilty a viewing others postings in a negative light, and thankful the next day I re read and think Phew I am glad I did'nt post what I was thinking that day. Our one common denominator is we all love Bee's.

Bee happy every one, life is short.

• Like 1

we all love Bee's.

Even when one whangs you on the eyebrow

cripes. I think I'd almost rather get stung on the eyebrow than hit with a bee's whang. Flippin showoff drones.

• Like 1

Thanks Frazz, means a lot.

What I got the most out of this thread is how important quality is over quantity.

All this talk has made me paranoid that I've been running too many cells per finisher. So I ran around today to crank up another finisher and see if I can improve on cell size, gee just when I think I'm doing OK I see another big area to improve on.

@tony awesome cells, It gives me a reference to aspire too.

Thanks, i can nearly assure you, there is so much to learn all the time, and for me it dosent always go to plan we don't always get good strikes. But topics like these really can fast track your learning, especially if you are self taught.

• Like 1

Yes I am glutton for pain(y)

But topics like these really can fast track your learning, especially if you are self taught.

Agreed

This whole site has catapulted beekeeper education.

I agree to a point. A refund is in progress so the buyer isn't out of pocket. The issue of mending public confidence is entirely up to the seller. Whether they do or not is up to them and none of my concern.

Pretend for a moment this forum is 'Fair Go'!

The case presented was like an 'accusation' on Fair Go and so far the 'accused' have declined comment!

Would it not bee fantastic if we could have a comment from 'Queenbeez and Honey' and know their side of the story? Bet they would love the world to know they only made a judgement error! (y)

I don't think it serves any purpose to go down that track @Pbee.

There's no " their side of the story " it is what it is.

Forum members will take it as a warning and go elsewhere for their cells.

• Like 1

if you want cells and live in Canterbury buy them from Totara bees or Kirwee bees I bet you will be looked after :)

Have you got their contact details? It would be good to have them in the Queen & bee breeders section of the directory Directory of Queen & Bee Breeders | NZ Beekeepers Forum