Datalogger compatible with Mac OS

Not sure if this is in the right place, please shift it if you need to moderators.

I want to do some work logging temp and RH related to queen bees (not in the hive). We run all Macs in our house, so I need a logger/analysis software package compatible with Mac OS. Most of those available online seem to be Windows based for some reason...

If you can keep the barbed comments about the fact I own Macs that won't run most data loggers to yourselves I'd appreciate it :P

I'm looking for a small logger (max 100g?) that measure both RH and temp, that can then later be dumped into computer for analysis.

For the tech types on here, any advice you could give would be appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can your Mac read a text file from an SD card?

Why less than 100g?

How often do you want the readings and how long between visits?

How soon do you need it?

Needs to be USB

Cause I don't want a big one in case I decide to send it by courier with a bee shipment.

Minute or hour, maybe for a week. A number of commercially available versions seem to have ability to do 16-20,000 readings, more than enough for what I want

Yesterday!

Needs to be USB

Cause I don't want a big one in case I decide to send it by courier with a bee shipment.

Minute or hour, maybe for a week. A number of commercially available versions seem to have ability to do 16-20,000 readings, more than enough for what I want

Yesterday!

Why USB? Would a USB card reader and SD card be okay?

I think I understand your weight constraint. What about size?

How reuseable does it need to be? Is this single use for QA, throw away after shipment?

Finally what would you expect to pay for such a device? Maybe it's time we caught up for that beer we talked about so long ago?

Yeah, I agree on the beer for sure :D

Looking at what's out there, some pretty basic but suitable options (other than the whole Windows software issue that started this thread) for $100-200. Then some really quite cool stuff in the $700-$1000 range. This covers loggers, sensors, readers and analysis software.

$200 sounds ok for the right unit, $1000 not so much.

I don't build fancy software but I could build you a simple offline data logger for a fraction of the money you're suggesting. The data produced would be a flat text file that could be imported into Excel or any similar analysis software.

I'm quite fond of craft beer. The more hops the better :D

I don't build fancy software but I could build you a simple offline data logger for a fraction of the money you're suggesting. The data produced would be a flat text file that could be imported into Excel or any similar analysis software.

I'm quite fond of craft beer. The more hops the better :D

Roger that - you're on.

I'll be in touch!