What is the starting wage for a novice beekeeper? Care to share?

Already have done earlier in this discussion. Tell me this - if you don't know what the starting rates are how can you so passionately argue that young people won't join the industry because the wages are too low??

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already have done earlier in this discussion. Tell me this - if you don't know what the starting rates are how can you so passionately argue that young people won't join the industry because the wages are too low??

Because they aren't! Otherwise we wouldn't have this discussion in the first place!

Noted, but the learning curve of a beekeeping 'apprentice' is exponentially steeper than that of fruit picker or oyster shucker. And if you get a really good one they make/repair boxes, assemble/wire/wax frames, clean sites, move bees....you name it!

Good attitude @frazzledfozzle of hiring them on wages, rather than on an hourly rate @Ted , it makes for more 'secure' employees!

Sigh!!! My guys are on permanent contracts with guaranteed minimum hours. That is security. Would love to continue this discussion but some of us have work to do!!