Does anyone know hat this is all about?

9 August 2016

Dear Beekeeper

Listing in order to supply honey to RMP operators

MPI would like to remind you of the commencement of the listing requirements under the Animal Products Notice:OfficialAssurancesSpecificationsforAnimalMaterialandAnimalProducts (theNotice).

From 25 August 2016, RMP operators who process honey for export with an MPI export certificate will only be allowed to source honey from beekeepers who are listed with MPI.

Please note that this listing is separate to and additional to any registration you may have as a beekeeper under the American Foulbrood Pest Management Plan.

Beekeepers who are not listed when they supply honey to an RMP operator after 25 August need to be aware that the honey supplied can only be sold domestically or exported to countries that do not require Official Assurances.

Beekeepers who operate under their own RMP do not need to list under this notice.

Applications for listing should be sent to approvals@mpi.govt.nz allowing at least 20 working days prior to supply to an RMP operator, using the form available in the following link: Honey & bee products

If you have any further questions please email approvals@mpi.govt.nz. Yours sincerely,

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I understand it, if you want to produce honey or any other bee products for the export market, you need to register as an exporter with MPI, which will take you 5 minutes and them 20 days. This will cost you $267.38 and they will give you an identity code and a list of compliance requirements. Yay.

and if thae registered person you sell to is busted they lose their rego ... any takers?

@frazzledfozzle the link attachment on the email has a link in the 2nd to last paragraph..

then there is a link on the right side of that page "register as an exporter"...

then 1/2 way down that page is a link to download the form...

then you fill it out and sign it and send it off with your hard earned...

so simple...

I'm starting to get really tired of all of these regulations and fees getting put onto beekeepers for no apparent reason and with no stated aims or measures. More and more leaching of money off the backs of hardworking beeks a far as I can see.

Do you still need this registration regardless you extract the honey or someone else will extract it for you?

If you want to sell it to a packer for the export market and you don't already have an RMP you need to be approved by MPI.

Don't even get me started on what I think on that

Ok so I don't mind admitting Im stupid but is the form awe are supposed to be filling in called

Exporter Registration Application Form - AP1

And if it is where would I find our Company registration number?

What a crock!! Bureaucrats with nothing better to do than make other people stuff about sorting out their stupid rules. Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Like 1
Do you pay $267.38 only once or annually?

Every ****** year just so the leaches don't have to ask the existing fee charging systems for the information.

If you want to sell it to a packer for the export market and you don't already have an RMP you need to be approved by MPI.

Don't even get me started on what I think on that

What a crock!! Bureaucrats with nothing better to do than make other people stuff about sorting out their stupid rules. Frustrated doesn't even begin to describe it.

I don't mind saying I don't always appreciate @frazzledfozzle point of view but this time I'm in full agreeance.

• Like 1
Every ****** year just so the leaches don't have to ask the existing fee charging systems for the information........../QUOTE]

I checked their email and then I discovered the annual fee and a $170+ per hour fee if they can not process your application in 1.5 hours. So let say if they will process your application in 20 days.........

And whatever they say the benefits will be those that are currently doing dodgy things will find a way around it, nothing surer. Us honest sheep will tow the line and pay the money and the leaches will prosper. Man im glad we have a combined industry body that will go in to bat for us, fight these fees and stick up for the small beekeepers...oh wait...thats right, they're more interested in glossy Beekeeper magazines and photos in suits with politicians, my mistake.

• Like 1
Companies office search....google. Or ask one of the directors !

Unless the small family owned business is not Ltd. Even your beloved Google will come up short.

I got the email too.

I can't help thinking there as been some mistake been made. They want me to register as a exporter but only if I export my bee product to certain country's.

But I don't export anything, I sell all my bee products to a middle man ( honey, wax, propolis ) after the cheque clears I have no idea where it goes, and frankly I don't care.

MPI have, through Asure Quality all my information, number of hives, where they are etc.

MPI have through the extraction plant I use, tonnage, where every box of honey came from, which drum it goes in, weight of each drum, certified tutin compliance, afb compliance.

My honey buyer tells me that all my honey goes to Australia. So if that's true, I don't need to register to be a exporter. If he sends one drum to timbucktoo I'm going to be all's sorts of trouble.

• Like 2

Ahh but they can't charge you any money unless they do this can they...at the moment they are only getting paid by the extractor who has an rmp, this way they can increase their income by pinging every honey producer and not even have to do the work finding out the information that they already have.

Ahh but they can't charge you any money unless they do this can they...at the moment they are only getting paid by the extractor who has an rmp, this way they can increase their income by pinging every honey producer and not even have to do the work finding out the information that they already have.

My fear is that once we are registered as exporters the pinging will begin in earnest.

I have read the MPI page, I would like to ask the sheep farmers, dairy men/women, grape growers, if they have registered as exporters?

From what I have read if you produce any food products that may or may not be exported, you need to be registered as exporter.

Most of the desk jockeys at mpi couldn't tell the difference between a wasp and a bee

They will first thing tomorrow, I called them this afternoon but the relevant person had gone home, "they will be back in the office tomorrow at 8.30"

Bet they wish they had thrown a sicky and watched the Olympics.

I 'WONDER' if API NZ is going to clarify ANY of this in a 'NEWSLETTER' or an 'ALERT' email or even in their advertising overloaded magazine?

Now that I have a few colonies that will produce a decent crop of honey I was 'hoping' to sell a few drums of Waitakere Bush. After the MPI approval email and added cost of registering and paying even more fees I am so peeved I will much rather use my girls honey to support splits.

I am not going to support another pencil pusher with an exorbitant salary whilst I am working my ass off!

For all i care they can :crap::mask::mask::censored::censored::censored::lol:cautious::crap::crap::sick:

Not to hijack the thread or conversation but I am becoming less and less impressed with the magazine....shinier, more full of politics, back slapping and ads, took me all of 5 minutes to flick through last months one.

ahh frazz...thats awesome...the pencil pushers can't even do that properly!