Bee health/Colony Loss Survey Results

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are the .25 .5 etc on the bottom line and what is the 0-2-4 etc on the side and what is the curvey line running through the bars?

And how did you know the first bar is for beekeepers with 10% losses? Etc etc

You don't, they are very poor graphs.

I looked at them and couldn't decipher so I gave up.

Probably won't bother with the survey this year.

Afraid I'm with @Janice

This is a really useful project but it needs to spend some effort on presenting its results.

I hear what @Dennis Crowley has to say, but this surely is either a preliminary, or a lazy, effort, and I hope they do a bit better next time.

So what are the .25 .5 etc on the bottom line and what is the 0-2-4 etc on the side and what is the curvey line running through the bars?

This is an example of a terrible graph, the axis' aren't labelled, not sure why they don't intersect at 0, and the trendline is a bit weird. All perfectly reasonable questions @frazzledfozzle.

• Like 1

Thanks @frazzledfozzle and everyone else I thought something was wrong but wasnt sure if it was me or the graphs.

Thought it was the graphs but then i have been wrong before so just wasnt sure,

Probably spent too long late at night trying to figure it out.

Just for the record I gave filling in the questionaire a go twice but got upset at the bias and restrictiveness of it and gave up.

If you were to add the height of all the bars, measured against the vertical axis, then you would get a value of 1.0 because the vertical axis is the % of the group expressed as a fraction of one. The horizontal axis is % losses by each beekeeper, again expressed as a fraction of one. So the first bar is 0-10, the second 10-20 and so on.

Please also note that just because I can read these graphs doesn't mean I'm defending them as a suitable way to present the data. Best case, these are interim results and the full description is yet to come.

Quite possibly but I could not say, "Just in case it might put me off side with you".:whistle::whistle::whistle:

You could never be on my bad side @Trevor Gillbanks :love:

If you were to add the height of all the bars, measured against the vertical axis, then you would get a value of 1.0 because the vertical axis is the % of the group expressed as a fraction of one. The horizontal axis is % losses by each beekeeper, again expressed as a fraction of one. So the first bar is 0-10, the second 10-20 and so on.

Oh yeah silly me :confused::confused::what::what::what::what::what::confused::confused::confused::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Lol Rob I honestly have no idea of what you just said!

Oh yeah silly me :confused::confused::what::what::what::what::what::confused::confused::confused::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Lol Rob I honestly have no idea of what you just said!

I thought you would need a lie down and a big think after reading robs post