August 2016 Apiary Diary

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just go and get one on trial park it in drive way...don't say anything until you hear "What's That".

And then say "oh, that old thing, I've had it in the back of the shed for ages, just decided to use it again":rofl:

Just go and get one on trial park it in drive way...don't say anything until you hear "What's That".

A long time ago I rolled my ute on the way home from work.

It landed on its feet but munted.

Drove it to the wreckers (My mate) and he drove me to a car yard (another mate),drove home in a new Ute.

Showed my wife the new truck

Wife wasnt my Mate

• Like 2
This is very sad Rob.

A bloke needs a ute even if he isnt a Beek.

A bloke without a ute is half a bloke

Some will say the same about a bloke without a truck... dont believe them, they're over compensating.

Don't be sexist. I need a ute as much as anyone.

the lads had a laugh today.

apparently they went to a site and they had three pet goats in the paddock. all nice and friendly.

the boys opened up a few hives, looked back and one of the goats was standing on the ute bonnet trying to climb onto the roof, where the other two where standing :rofl:

the lads had a laugh today.

apparently they went to a site and they had three pet goats in the paddock. all nice and friendly.

the boys opened up a few hives, looked back and one of the goats was standing on the ute bonnet trying to climb onto the roof, where the other two where standing :rofl:

Pictures or it never happened :rolleyes:

Wow, that's a full box for winter! Well done.

Have not done to much to them , visted them two month ago they have lots of stores and they still have they are in poly nuc . It two three frame nuc in one boxe and they have top feeder

And I not shaw what I going to do , I normally catch mated queen out of the nuc ,I may have transfer one out and let the other half build up in the nuc with out the divider and then catch the queen in October when we make queen cells and then divider it in two again

• Like 1
@tristan , wasn't two white ones and a black billy by any chance ? We had three goats turn up a few weeks ago . Went to "collect" them for dog tucker and they came running up for a pat ! Turns out they were originally from Paparoa and had a habit of jumping up on cars , so the owner took them to a mates farm , our neighbour . Owner came to collect them and not sure where they ended up after that ?
Checking my nucs today and the ones in poly nuc are going well

they look good. We are planning on either making pine mic boxes or buying Thessalonians poly nucs. In your opinion which one is best?? Will the poly nucs be strong enough to load and tie down on items ?? Thanks

post bloody auto correct! That should be pine nuc boxes versus poly boxes which of course are tied down on utes.

Don't be sexist. I need a ute as much as anyone.

Me too

Be carefull rob

About 6 years ago i got my wife a new ute ,the only time i get to use it is when shes away somewhere and dosent know!!

We've not long purchased a Ute...now we have the vehicle to go with the life style. I was reluctant to drive it, until needs must...Now it's a competition!

• Like 1
@tristan , wasn't two white ones and a black billy by any chance ? We had three goats turn up a few weeks ago . Went to "collect" them for dog tucker and they came running up for a pat ! Turns out they were originally from Paparoa and had a habit of jumping up on cars , so the owner took them to a mates farm , our neighbour . Owner came to collect them and not sure where they ended up after that ?

i don't know. havn't seen the pics yet. tho i did notice the scratches and dents in the ute roof.

It may not be cold up this way, but we've had rain almost every day for the past three or four weeks and I think that is holding the girls back a bit. It's either that or I'm a crap beekeeper. Next week I'm going to be feeding all apiaries and putting in Apivar strips. I will probably put one frame of drone comb in all hives next week as well as another Varroa tool. Then if any time left I must dip some 3/4 boxes and top feeder rims - although if someone is looking for a "hot" job let me know.

was going to buz the timber for the bases but snow has finally shown up for the year might go and dig out the hive entrances up country as next week is going to be cold -9c in the forecast on Tuesday don't want a block of ice for a front door when the sun comes out

was going to buz the timber for the bases but snow has finally shown up for the year might go and dig out the hive entrances up country as next week is going to be cold -9c in the forecast on Tuesday don't want a block of ice for a front door when the sun comes out

brrr that sounds cold.

i must admit i do like to hear about all the different aspects of beekeeping around the country.(y)

Wow, that's cold. We moan if it gets down to 9c.

Snow here, Its great.

Ive been out hefting and peeking.

The bees are doing what they should have done weeks ago.

Hunkered down rather than running around like mad things.

There are two ways I like to see the weather

Freezing cold or roasting hot.

snow.jpg.3bcb44b297c861bccf88ad9a247522e3.jpg

snow.jpg.3bcb44b297c861bccf88ad9a247522e3.jpg

• Like 2