August 2016 Apiary Diary

Today, I completed sugar shakes. There is only one hive I need to keep a close eye on with a count of 7. All the rest 0 to 3.

Brood, food and a laying queen in all hives, although bee population has reduced dramatically over the last month to the point that most really need reducing to a single box.

Two empty hives with no bees. Both were merged weak or queen less colonies back in late autumn

• Like 3
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hives at count of 4 mites or less are ok. I'd retest in a month to see which way they are going, although I'll be back in them sooner looking for DWV and general health overall.

The hive at count 7 will be getting MAQS in the next visit

MAQS? Sorry to be so ignorant, but sometimes the nomenclature evades my grey cells. :what:

Mite Away Quick Strips. It's Formic acid treatment. One week treatment. Fast knockdown and also kills mites in brood

MAQS? Sorry to be so ignorant, but sometimes the nomenclature evades my grey cells. :what:

If you hover your cursor over one of those acronyms or abbreviations that comes up with an underline, it gives you the full thing.

If you hover your cursor over one of those acronyms or abbreviations that comes up with an underline, it gives you the full thing.

Try it with MAQS AFB PPB

• Like 1
Precisely! Please tell my wife that I need a ute.... please :D

This is very sad Rob.

A bloke needs a ute even if he isnt a Beek.

A bloke without a ute is half a bloke

Some will say the same about a bloke without a truck... dont believe them, they're over compensating.