Hi there, My name is Paul from Christchurch. I have been a hobbyist for only three seasons now, but absolutely love it. I've enjoyed every aspect of beekeeping that I have experienced so far and now that I have discovered the forum I am learning more.

So far I have only had one or two hives a season, but plan on a few more in the coming season. Hoping to capture a swarm or two and split my hive in spring (it was a small caught swarm last November).

I enjoy working with timber and have made a few resources so far. Thanks for posting lots of useful information.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, didn't know where else to introduce myself.)

Cheers, Paul

• Like 2
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to tell you Paul there us no known cure for your condition. I suggest you just get more bees. Oops am I supposed to say that.

Hi, my name is Jill and I have had bees for 2 years, my night time reading now consists of bees, bees and more bees.. I have been told there is no known cure.

Welcome to the forum !!

• Like 2
my night time reading now consists of bees, bees and more bees..

Hi Jill, yes I've got two great bee books out of the library and they are next to my bed, tho due back in a couple of days! Also own a copy of Practical Beekeeping in NZ and refer to it constantly.

I have been told there is no known cure.

I've got it real bad! Reread the green book the other week. Took a couple of pale ales on advice. Kept me sane for a few days before I relapsed. The missus found me doing the 5 min (yeah right) test on afb.org.nz

The missus found me doing the 5 min (yeah right) test on AFB.org.nz

Ha ha. Yes, I've taken the test three times now (thankfully passed each time, but can't help myself!). Last time there was a glitch with the test and it didn't show a question, then it marked me as getting the non existent question wrong!