I have a ezyloader due in August , 125 auto level ($23,000 Aussie ) the manual is a lot cheaper. It's is going on the back of a landcruiser .

Thanks to @Harlan Cox for the mounting photos.

The company is rather busy so there would be a wait of at least 4-5 months , I ordered mine beginning of April

The idea behind this purchase is to make Autumn treatment easier and the honey harvest with escape boards a lot less effort (should be easier than my crane and the staff should be able to use )

My crane on my truck does a great job and I use it a lot more than I thought , took a long time to get okay with the remote due to it being a knuckle boom type , haven't let the staff have a play yet.

Anything you do will be a compromise

• Like 1

Had a chat with Mark & Karyn Stafford at the conference and they sent a price list for the EZyLoader cranes.

Prices are in AUD $.

125 MH Autolevel $ 22,140.00

125 RM Manual level $ 13,050.00

200 MH Auto level $25,290.00

200 RM Manual level $17,180.00

The Apijunida AJ-100H is about nz $18,500.00 plus aprox $2000.00 for shipping customs and insurance.

The primary pivot of a 2.8m reach ezi lift type crane requires a 50mm diameter spigot of 4140 Induction hardened Chrome shaft of about 800Mpa.

This will support 200kg at 2.8 meter radius.

Its not really feasible to mount a crane of this capacity on a ute without an outrigger jack because the load will tip the suspension over.

A wide trailer on the other hand is a much more sturdy platform to work from due to the harder, less forgiving springs.

The nature of a horizontal manual Ezi lift type of crane is to swing to the low side of the rotating circle so if the suspension of the ute allows the ute to tip even a little then the crane will tend to pendulum to the low side and resist any attempt to rotate back toward the ute.

So it is my opinion that manual Ezi lift type cranes that don’t incorporate an outrigger jack is better suited to a wide ridged trailer.

This is my experienced opinion.

It isn't hard/expensive to make/fit an outrigger....

It isn't hard/expensive to make/fit an outrigger....

No its not but the reason Id never make one for my own use is that at the end of a long month of long hot days, tired and eager to get home, sure as eggs Id drive off with it locked down.

Id rather be waterskiing after work than fixing broken gear.

sure as eggs Id drive off with it locked down.

Easy to fix that possibility, hinge it (y)

Also, Its a time thing.

Ive got many sites that are only 300m apart and its bad enough doing up load binders over and over again without the added chore of winding outriggers up and down.

Why are many of my site close together? Because I like small apiaries.

The primary pivot of a 2.8m reach ezi lift type crane requires a 50mm diameter spigot of 4140 Induction hardened Chrome shaft of about 800Mpa.

This will support 200kg at 2.8 meter radius.

Hmmmm, are you sure ? :x3:

• Like 1

Hmmmm, are you sure ? :x3:

Of course not;)

• Like 2

To be honest it is such an awesome crane I'm sold, I have placed an order.

That looks awesome. I want one!!!

To be honest it is such an awesome crane I'm sold, I have placed an order.

Will you have to change your system to work with the crane ?

Will you have to change your system to work with the crane ?

such a large piece of hardware will probably require windows 10

LOL!

Change system? I will have to re arrange the sites, but will do that once I actually have the ezyloader I'll just shift them around till there is ezyloader access to all hives, they will probably have to be in 2 rows of pallets, then a gap wide enough to drive down, then another 2 rows.

The other change to the system I envisage is that instead of looking at a yard of 4 box hives with dread before I have to swarm check them all, I'll lift the honey boxes with the loader and let them hang in the air while I swarm check the brood nest, then drop the boxes back on, no back strain at all. :)

• Like 2

I keep thinking about my ideal bee truck... I have settled on what I want, Now I just need to find the 70 grand to pay for it....

• Like 1

Now I just need to find the 70 grand to pay for it....

Borrow it then you only have to pay a bit now & again if you feel like it

LOL!

Change system? I will have to re arrange the sites, but will do that once I actually have the ezyloader I'll just shift them around till there is ezyloader access to all hives, they will probably have to be in 2 rows of pallets, then a gap wide enough to drive down, then another 2 rows.

The other change to the system I envisage is that instead of looking at a yard of 4 box hives with dread before I have to swarm check them all, I'll lift the honey boxes with the loader and let them hang in the air while I swarm check the brood nest, then drop the boxes back on, no back strain at all. :)

Did you get the manual version?

Yes, I would love the auto, but it's another 9 grand and 80 kilo's. Harlan demonstrated his manual adjust to me, it is well arranged and quick to do, I can live with it.

I keep thinking about my ideal bee truck... I have settled on what I want, Now I just need to find the 70 grand to pay for it....

Just sale 70 hives with 2 frames of bees and 8 frames of foundation on Trademe for $1,000 each. Easy as.

Just buy a second hand one and save 25 k.

That is a second hand one... It would be 100 grand if I wanted to do my list of mods to a new land cruiser....

That is a second hand one... It would be 100 grand if I wanted to do my list of mods to a new land cruiser....

Cool... and what would the mods be ??

Cool... and what would the mods be ??

Full snorkel, lift kit, big tires all round plus a winch and an ezyloader... And might need to change hearing a little to come with big tires....

Why lift? Just as much an issue as bottoming out on the diff, is rolling on the side of a hill. When there's a big load on, crawling sideways round a steep incline can be pretty nervewracking. Raise the centre of gravity 2 inches and it's that much worse.

Second the winch though, since I got mine huge peace of mind. Places I'm not too sure about and once wouldn't have taken the risk, I now go into knowing as a last resort there is the winch, and 99 times out of 100 don't need the winch, but it enables me to take risks. Used my winch only twice since I've had it but well worth the investment.

One reason you need a lift (Toyota)is to get the chassis up off the bumpstops,

The extra lift enables this and allows for softer springs and better travel which in turn helps with traction by keeping all 4 wheels evenly pressured on the ground.

If you want this you need to be prepared to compromise stability.