Apiculture conference 2017

very well worth going.

granted this years a bit of a bust. i'm surprised at the numbers they are expecting at the conference for such a poor year. i know many are not going simply due to cost.

Amen to that. I'm hoping next year is a boom year so you all come to Blenheim. We'll fit you in somewhere I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't really recommend it, I'm sure there are lots of really awesome and interesting people there, unfortunately it's a wash with boring suits who kind of missed that it's a BEEKEEPING conference not a business conference.

• Like 1

Well, conference is kinda interesting, but actually finding some of you guys would be more interesting! Can we cluster somewhere at lunch time... The best coffee is the Analytica coffee girl by the photo display. Thanks Analytica, you rock. There's chairs and space. We'll be there tomorrow lunchtime. Would love to meet whoever is around.

• Like 2
very well worth going.

granted this years a bit of a bust. i'm surprised at the numbers they are expecting at the conference for such a poor year. i know many are not going simply due to cost.

Haven't seen you, are you comming down ??

We'll be there tomorrow lunchtime. Would love to meet whoever is around.

Going to skip tomorrow, but I'll try and find you guys on Tues. You're right about the coffee. And yes it's not the suits, it's the rest of us that I go to see. It's you lot I learn from.

Well, conference is kinda interesting, but actually finding some of you guys would be more interesting! Can we cluster somewhere at lunch time... The best coffee is the Analytica coffee girl by the photo display. Thanks Analytica, you rock. There's chairs and space. We'll be there tomorrow lunchtime. Would love to meet whoever is around.

Caught up with @Phil46 today otherwise all a bit of a blur. Analytica, coffee girl, lunch-time, tomorrow, done.

Wouldn't really recommend it, I'm sure there are lots of really awesome and interesting people there, unfortunately it's a wash with boring suits who kind of missed that it's a BEEKEEPING conference not a business conference.

Agree, beekeeping used to be 'fringe', alternative or even strange. Involved some edgy folk. Walking in bee gear to the cash machine/hot bread shop/diary ensured a few heads turned - kinda embarrassing- Now it's 'cool' and everyday.

• Like 1
OK,shoutout to ,@CraBee @jamesc @Bron @Rob Stockley if you guys/gal at the conference,I'd b keen to catch up with u and say gidday.Since I don't know use,my name tag is Phil Murray....jus look for the biggest hua there,I'll b there sun,Mon and I'll post my mugshot on here as well.Til then..mauri ora!

[ATTACH=full]17938[/ATTACH]

Nice to meet you today Phil. Def not the biggest Hua there.

• Like 1