• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're illustrating how hives get plonked by a road ? Or is that another yard in the background and this is an example of overcrowding ? Either way looks like a good spot for overwintering ? And which were there first , lifestyle blocks or overwintering sites ? Some guy swats a wasp & crashes out & all of a sudden we've got a rash of roadside bee phobia ?

I've had to work all weekend on a most unsatisfying roof job, I'm tired & probably shouldn't have posted , but these were what popped into my mind :mask::mask::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1
This is what we're dealing with in Hawke's Bay. That's 48 singles next to a road, a horse training yard and among life style blocks a couple km out of town.

[ATTACH=full]13931[/ATTACH]

This is one of 15 ish sites I know of this size, most of therm dangerously close to the road.

The land under the hives belongs to a house behind and to the right of where I took the photo. Behind the trees in the shot are two houses. Across the road to the left in the distance is another house. Directly across the road (out of shot) is a lumber/firewood yard. The paddock next to the bees is full of horse jumps. This road is close to town and well traveled by cyclists. This is not a good over wintering site.

This is what we're dealing with in Hawke's Bay. That's 48 singles next to a road, a horse training yard and among life style blocks a couple km out of town.

I really dont think we have seen anything yet.

Apparently the Chinese are buying 350ml aerosol cans of our air for $30

They really want what we have got and wont stop buying it as long as they have the money to do so.

Its likely that Manuka Honey represents extraordinary value to them.

Where did John get his teeshirt LOL

we had them made up when we ran conference in Napier a few years ago. The boys got 'drone' t-shirts, yellow on black, and the girls got 'worker' netball bibs, black on yellow. Looked good, but I wish I'd got a t-shirt... I can almost never find an occasion to wear a netball bib.

• Like 1

Im probably gonna get blasted for this but here goes, i can't see anything wrong with this surely if there was issue's they wouldn't bee there, no ones breaking the law. Would you be happy if someone was posting photos of your yards online Rob ?im not associated with these sites and wouldn't have a clue who's they are but i reckon digging at companys sites etc is not gonna solve hawkes bays issues ,why not approach them and raise your concerns I certainly would
Im probably gonna get blasted for this but here goes, i can't see anything wrong with this surely if there was issue's they wouldn't bee there, no ones breaking the law. Would you be happy if someone was posting photos of your yards online Rob ?im not associated with these sites and wouldn't have a clue who's they are but i reckon digging at companys sites etc is not gonna solve hawkes bays issues ,why not approach them and raise your concerns I certainly would

Because they wouldn't care. And the newspaper will not care when sombody gets stung to death by one of these massive dump sites.

Sites like this is why a number of HB members needed to waste significant amounts of time trying to convince the council that we shouldn't need to be issued permits for each site!

Blast successful.

nothing wrong with identifying those exhibiting this type of behaviour - if they're not ashamed of it then they shouldn't mind. If they're scared that publicity will highlight how ####ty their behaviour is, then publicity is probably what is needed.

Because they wouldn't care. And the newspaper will not care when sombody gets stung to death by one of these massive dump sites.

Sites like this is why a number of HB members needed to waste significant amounts of time trying to convince the council that we shouldn't need to be issued permits for each site!

Blast successful.

And how is this site affecting you in your day to day life kiwifruiter... you guys should all hire a bus and head to wairarapa for a day trip yard ethics,gentlemen's agreements and hive placement ended years ago this is just the start as you would already no

And how is this site affecting you in your day to day life kiwifruiter... you guys should all hire a bus and head to wairarapa for a day trip yard ethics,gentlemen's agreements and hive placement ended years ago this is just the start as you would already no

A friend of mine rides her bike down that road. Just because wairarapa is stuffed that doesn't mean we should accept those standards.

A friend of mine rides her bike down that road. Just because wairarapa is stuffed that doesn't mean we should accept those standards.

We've got no choice if we acept these standards or not there's no laws on hive placement, im not here for arguements mate I'm just stating my veiw on this