The deliriously exciting topic of painting boxes...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
... or placed a "leftover paint wanted" add on neighbourly. Will be a while before I need paint again.

Neighbourly is great! I placed an add wanting some macrocarpa trees which need removal or wind blown so I could use my chainsaw mill to get some planks, and a couple just down the road from me replied saying I can have part of their tree that has a huge peice fallen off, for free! It took me a couple of week to mill it up.

IMG_1057.JPG.e09dad17d6826fd11902095c2843d377.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG.5e829e10c8eb732a78f4eb5bd865f52c.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG.5e829e10c8eb732a78f4eb5bd865f52c.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG.e09dad17d6826fd11902095c2843d377.JPG

• Like 3
Neighbourly is great! I placed an add wanting some macrocarpa trees which need removal or wind blown so I could use my chainsaw mill to get some planks, and a couple just down the road from me replied saying I can have part of their tree that has a huge peice fallen off, for free! It took me a couple of week to mill it up.

[ATTACH]15892[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15893[/ATTACH]

I wish you lived near here - we could keep you busy for years.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

if that was lets say a legitimate theory you could run vented bottom boards etc and achieve better reduction or heat, hell even vented lids as you can close them off for wintering down, my honest opinion is that the difference would be un-measurable but i have not personally tested this or even my time of thought.

Unfortunately I'm on a short leash when it comes to box colours, any time I suggest anything other than white to off white my partners answer is a firm NO.

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Coming up 19 years in January and it still works for me;):whistle:

• 2 weeks later...