ikwezinz

Selling propolis

I have never had this problem. In fact quite the reverse. I sent in my mats, they told me how much to invoice them, I forgot and then 1 month later they rang me to say they had my money and wanted to pay me but could not until I sent the invoice.

Have you invoiced them.

I sent off my first ever lot of propolis a few months ago to MH and after the back and forward paperwork was paid and all was well. I don't know why they don't simply issue buyer created tax invoices

I don't know why they don't simply issue buyer created tax invoices

That would seem a lot easier. However, Their system works pretty well.

• Like 1

Just as an aside to the selling, what do we know about the production of Propolis seasonally?

I know I had hives that early in summer were virtually dry of it and now at the end (probably from Jan/Feb onwards have become loaded to the very gooey stage!

My assumption is the bees produce a lot more towards the end of the season to set up for the wetter colder weather. Not sure if others find this too?

When the hives are light on Propolis where has it gone????

Is it alright to send in propolis while there are apivar strips in the hive?

Yes. You also have to fill in a Honey Harvest Declaration.

If you want a hassle free process, try us ! At Propolis NZ, we pay you on the quantity of pure propolis supplied (we pay 380NZ$/kg), we have a straight forward test process and a very fast turn-around. We are the most experienced propolis processing plant operators in NZ and probably Australasia... Let me know if you have any questions or some material you would like to send us (email info@propolis.co.nz)

Looking forward to hearing from you !

Cheers

Quentin