BSB

The growth of unskilled commercial operators

I can tell you finding good staff is a problem in Logistics as well. I was talking to the owner of a warehouse I use, he was saying that he recently hired a number of school leavers to work in the warehouse. They all had 7th form NCEA.

He couldn't believe how poorly some of them read and wrote, and their maths was atrocious. He said if successfully finish school but cannot find rack 9, bay H, level 2 after being shown a couple of times, there is something very wrong with our schools.

It's a shame that we view our young folks some what negatively. This is also hear say. He employed some but only some of those some failed to find Rack 9, Bay H, Level 2.

Many kids at school now will be entering a work environment that consists of jobs that are entirely new (not reworded titles of similar jobs)

Anyway, my view, High Expectations. All round. There is a huge amount of pressure on schools to pack in as much as possible. Probably much simpler when I was younger. Certainly less self expression while learning.

After my words, I have the gall to say - This Thread needs moving, well of topic!

After my words, I have the gall to say - This Thread needs moving, well of topic!

I have to agree @Lindaloo26 . We're well off topic (growth of unskilled commercial beekeepers) and even well off forum (commercial beekeeping). Yet, here we are discussing NCEA and the merits of good parenting.

This thread has been identified for moderation for a while now but I for one, can't see any sensible way to split it. So I'm not even going to try. We'll close it instead. Perhaps a new thread will emerge, perhaps in another forum area. Maybe something in General Discussion - Who's got the biggest hive tool and how does that help with the washing up? Meh! Probably go straight to moderation...