tudor

Wasp poisoning with Vespex update

I've not seen a wasp yet this year :D

I've not seen a wasp yet this year :D

I've been called out to deal with wasps but none at home ... yet (y)

We made up a mince based bait but they don't appear to be interested with it, so sardines next time.

We made up a mince based bait but they don't appear to be interested with it, so sardines next time.

Put both mince and sardines out at the same time. Put the 2 types of baits side by side so you can see which they will take.

• Like 1

I used it about a three week ago at my own farm we still see the odd wasp but i think the number are down

i forgot to take one bait down after week and saw the bait yesterday and the bait was gone

looks better than last year

Hmmm, today looked at the apiary which has wasps which ripped out a very weak nuc a few days ago. The other strong hives are open and I found quite a few dead wasps outside, and enjoyed watching a wasp being killed by 4 bees. The smaller hives are reduced but not closed right down.

I did a cat food test and wasps liked it, including one making a pack lunch of a piece and flying off with it.

So I am not sure whether to get hold of Vespex, or see if the bees handle the wasps themselves. Although last year a strong hive was destroyed by wasps, unexpectedly. Or will things only get worse as the season progresses ?

Or will things only get worse as the season progresses ?

Things will only get worse. That is for sure.

Hmmm, today looked at the apiary which has wasps which ripped out a very weak nuc a few days ago. The other strong hives are open and I found quite a few dead wasps outside, and enjoyed watching a wasp being killed by 4 bees. The smaller hives are reduced but not closed right down.

I did a cat food test and wasps liked it, including one making a pack lunch of a piece and flying off with it.

So I am not sure whether to get hold of Vespex, or see if the bees handle the wasps themselves. Although last year a strong hive was destroyed by wasps, unexpectedly. Or will things only get worse as the season progresses ?

i would get some you have lots to losses get them now before they start making wasp queens

Put test baits out today not one wasp interested they seem very keen on something in the south African cabbage tree.

• Like 1

Maybe cabbage tree moth caterpillars

sounds like protein to me I hope their in the vespex lol

The principle is:

no guessing, first prove that protein is being eaten, if not, don't use the Vespex.

You have your answer for now.

The principle is:

no guessing, first prove that protein is being eaten, if not, don't use the Vespex.

You have your answer for now.

I would hate to miss it I will test again in a week

I would hate to miss it I will test again in a week

I'll be testing from now also. Wasps have arrived.

Keep me posted Rob how ya testing goes

Well, I completed the training and paid the fee, now waiting for the number so I can order the Vespex and goodies.

Can't find any nests either, at the moment.

Well, I completed the training and paid the fee, now waiting for the number so I can order the Vespex and goodies.

Can't find any nests either, at the moment.

I've been to two nests in a week. Now I'm seeing wasps around home. Still small numbers but won't be long :(

Yes, they are coming inside to check us out ...

Just brought in lots of beautiful plums, but they have left them alone on the trees.

We will see.

I passed the test and got my number but when i went to order, it didnt ask me for my number, just wanted my contact details and address, didnt want my credit card number so Im not sure whats happening.

I just passed the test. Waiting for my number. I'll let you know what happens when I order.

I passed the test and got my number but when i went to order, it didnt ask me for my number, just wanted my contact details and address, didnt want my credit card number so Im not sure whats happening.

When you try to add Vespex to your cart it will ask you for your number. They don't process payments online. Instead they ask for your contact details and send you and invoice to pay. Once paid, the goods are shipped fairly promptly.

I didnt even have a cart :( maybe i need to try again

Perhaps it asks for your billing details before you add anything to your cart. I only did it once and it was a while ago so my recollection is a bit fuzzy.

Actually I could probably say the same about things I did several times, only yesterday :(

I guess your hard drive is nearly full like mine;);):P:P

That's OK pink cat. Uncle John will support you soon.

Has anybody noticed if the stuff drys out they don't seem so interested. My order was stuck in Wellington for 3 days so slow to arrive...a little concerned it has effected its life cycle.