• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jeff Cameron

Hi to you too. I also am a nubee

We purchased 5 frames from a passionate BK early November. We met Mel through the Waikato Bee Keepers.

She started them as a Nuc and then transferred them to our FD Brood box with an additional 5 frames we provided.

They are doing awesomely. We registered, as you should do and then collected a swarm, the Parks a few days later.

I joined this site to purchase 1 of @Trevor Gillbanks wife stencils and am now pretty much hooked......

• Like 1

Yeah Thanks for that Jilly, yeah you are right, this site is bloody awesome!

I am thinking of buying a kitset full depth box and seeing if I can copy it cheaper than buying. The hive bases are fine but frames aren't worth duplicating the plastic ones. I need to put a bomb under my son the roofer in Matamata for some lids and then be ready for splits at the end of the month.

Yeesh...

Yeesh...

Yeah not a big fan myself, beer or bourbon normally

• Like 2
Hi Jeff,

If you looking for locals, I think your nearest bee club is Thames (but I could be wrong).

Yip our next meeting is on the 29th at 2 pm at Brightside Gardens (Mackay St Thames) .. You might find then Franklin one just as handy.

Might rock over. Can I bring gear or is it not allowed? Went to Franklin one last year and had to use group gear

Yes, no problem.. Not sure if we are doing a hive inspection .. The Gardens don't have bees, but we often head off to a local Apiary.. I'll forward the email to you.

Looks like we are having a discussion on Varoa treatment, we usually park on Bella St, up by the old Pumphouse and next to the old Milk Transfer depot. bring your gear anyway as sometimes we might go and look at an Apiary afterwards depending on where the discussion ends up!