marking my new hive with my Reg number

Hi.

I have my first four hives :).

I am looking for a branding iron. To burn the number onto the boxes.

Does anybody know who sells it.

Thanks.

Try @Russ he makes numbered branding irons. Best used before a box has been dipped and definitely before it is painted on the outside. You also need to think about how you will heat it, a fire will work, or a gas burner. Enjoy.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My apiary is in my garden, so I made as apiary sign with brass letter-box numbers. One beek told me it was the "flashest damn rego sign [he'd] ever seen".

@Trevor Gillbanks Here you go .. Getting better at it!

Posted Images

Hi.

I have my first four hives :).

I am looking for a branding iron. To burn the number onto the boxes.

Does anybody know who sells it.

I have purchased two off ebay. Name and number. Brass. We are hooking them onto a lpg gas line. First one was from Itally $180. Second from China $80 with delivery. This second is advertised as hook onto a soldering iron.

Thanks.

BRANDING IRON FOR BEE HIVES AND FRAMES - YOUR TEXT AND LOGO ON BRASS

• Like 1
I have purchased two off ebay. Name and number. Brass. We are hooking them onto a lpg gas line. First one was from Itally $180. Second from China $80 with delivery. This second is advertised as hook onto a soldering iron.

Thanks.

BRANDING IRON FOR BEE HIVES AND FRAMES - YOUR TEXT AND LOGO ON BRASS

Hi, Any chance of a photo of the two you got? How long did you have to wait for them? and do you know if anyone in NZ does something like these. Thanks.

Hi, Any chance of a photo of the two you got? How long did you have to wait for them? and do you know if anyone in NZ does something like these. Thanks.

This smaller one came from Italy. It took about 5 weeks to arrive. Ideal for branding plastic gear. The China one has not yet arrived as ordered a few weeks ago. This one is going to have the brass plate 20x80mm with our name and number. Im hoping the teeth are deeper for branding the timber boxes20160727_134959.jpg.d37ba2789ad46438ac2290cf50be71b8.jpg

This smaller one came from Italy. It took about 5 weeks to arrive. Ideal for branding plastic gear. The China one has not yet arrived as ordered a few weeks ago. This one is going to have the brass plate 20x80mm with our name and number. Im hoping the teeth are deeper for branding the timber boxes20160727_134959.jpg.d37ba2789ad46438ac2290cf50be71b8.jpg

Locally you can purchase through Ceracell for $715 +

Branding iron adjustable head | Hive Tools | Ceracell Beekeeping Supplies | Auckland | New Zealand

20160727_134847.jpg.30cf1d094c128734975b4dd0b83c11a4.jpg

20160727_134847.jpg.30cf1d094c128734975b4dd0b83c11a4.jpg

20160727_134959.jpg.d37ba2789ad46438ac2290cf50be71b8.jpg

This smaller one came from Italy. It took about 5 weeks to arrive. Ideal for branding plastic gear. The China one has not yet arrived as ordered a few weeks ago. This one is going to have the brass plate 20x80mm with our name and number. Im hoping the teeth are deeper for branding the timber boxes[ATTACH]14228[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]14229[/ATTACH]

Locally you can purchase through Ceracell for $715 +

Branding iron adjustable head | Hive Tools | Ceracell Beekeeping Supplies | Auckland | New Zealand

Hey Thanks for the photo's and info.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...