Alastair

Show Your Truck

20 minutes ago, tristan said:

normally a factory item on landcruisers. sometimes it the gearbox that gives more trouble.

Is that a Cruiser or a Cut down Prado?

27 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Is that a Cruiser or a Cut down Prado?

cut down cruiser by the looks of it.

Now then.... 30 of these beauties are up for sale, but apparently they are old technology.

Remote access vehicles...?

B5BC6CF1-2E88-41BB-B2AB-B8A559FF6ACF.jpeg

• Haha 3

I need one of those - am so over people driving up my driveway to case the joint - burglaries are rife in rural Auck, I always put their number plate in my phone, but one of these would save the need to do that, and I would think it would not take much to get volunteer grandsons to man it every so often just to help the thieves have a better understanding of how things are here.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

There might be enough coins in the grandsons piggybank to purchase one, by the look of it

58 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Quite frankly they would be suitable for use in  suburban ChCh.  No one would argue with me.  I might rock up to ChCh more often.  No need to use roads in the CBD, I could drive over the expanisve blocks of shingle.  I could even park it in one of the shingle sites; saving mega $ on parking fees which are so exorbitant, and combined with road works and closed roads are off putting to visit the CBD. 

Flamin heck.  You R a granddaddy?  

Edited by Maggie James
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jamesc said:

Now then.... 30 of these beauties are up for sale, but apparently they are old technology.

B5BC6CF1-2E88-41BB-B2AB-B8A559FF6ACF.jpeg

you want the engineer or support version which comes with front mounted grader blade.

tho that one will get you a deer at 2 miles away and have it pre cooked and pre minced for you.

• Haha 3

Reckon if you put a towbar on, would pull any trailer, would do the business moving bulk hives and where you did use it, should solve any boundary stacking problems.

• Agree 2

Uhmm, would you need to employ a whole horde of support services?? And financial strength beyond a piggy bank. 

4 hours ago, jamesc said:

There might be enough coins in the grandsons piggybank to purchase one, by the look of it

3 hours ago, Gino de Graaf said:

Uhmm, would you need to employ a whole horde of support services?? And financial strength beyond a piggy bank. 

In that neck of the woods, the piggy bank is probably a big old boar that has been shot and subjected to taxidermy.  It wouldn't get stolen, cos it prob sits on the verandah to ward of unsolicited visitors and evil spirits, and of course the tank sits on the front lawn.  And the IRD who wouldn't  think of looking in that particular piggy bank, never get as far as the verandah cos they run away when they see the tank

In actual fact, from the photo, it looks like the tank is already in situ.

Tourists that buy honey from the shop, could pay a bit extra for a tank ride, before patty piggy and putting money in bank.  

Jeez.  I think I need to start a consultancy business advising beekeepers on diversification in the current financial situation.  

Edited by Maggie James
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

@tristan, i was expecting you to comment on the suspension  and the carburetor :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kiwi Bee said:

@tristan, i was expecting you to comment on the suspension  and the carburetor :D

🤣 afaik i think they run a cummins diesel.

i have no idea what suspension they use, but 8 wheel drive would be just the thing for northland country.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kiwi Bee said:

Never mind explaining what trailer hitch not to fit.

• Haha 5

APINZ CANTERBURY HUB MEETING 

TUESDAY 25 FEBRUARY 6.00 PM

SOLAR HONEY HOUSE. BBQ. BEEKEEPING TRUCKS & FIELD EQUIPMENT

Where: Hantz Honey Ltd, 31 Lower Lake Road, Leeston. Parking available on site

Online Reservation: Now open

6.30 pm Solar Power Presentation:  Campbell McMath, Kea Energy, installer of solar panels will talk about the technology and answer questions. See  https://www.keaenergy.nz/honey-factory-30kw

Kea Energy own, operate, maintain and manage hydro-turbines and solar generating plants, in and around New Zealand. Kea Energy are a family-based company in Canterbury New Zealand. Kea Energy generate their own environmentally friendly electricity. They own, operate, maintain and manage hydro-turbines and solar generating plants. Kea Energy electricity generation is around 2.2GWH per annum, which is approximately 30% of Orion's (Christchurch/Canterbury’s lines company) total exported embedded generation.

7.00pm Crank Up The BBQ: $10 per person, includes sausages, bread, coleslaw. Bring your own drinks. Pay BBQ on the night.

7.15pm: Hive Reports. These reports are popular attendee attraction to Hub meetings. Beekeepers want to know about AFB incursions, varroa infestations, treatment regimens etc

7.30pm Beekeeping Trucks & Field Equipment: Bring along your trucks and field equipment, tools and innovations that make your work in the field easier and see what other beekeepers are using.  Often the truck cab, is the office!  This is an open invitation to bring trucks, utes, vans, machinery equipment etc for show & tell! We already have a large collection confirmed, and we would love to expand on largeness!

9.00 pm Wrap up.

There is an option of a 40 minute return bush hide walk to Lake Ellesmere.  Starting point Hantz Honey

CANTERBURY HUB FEB MEETING

ALL WELCOME TO EVENTS BUT ONLINE RESERVATION REQUIRED  https://apinzcanterbury.org.nz/

BBQ CANCELLED AFTER 10.00 A.M. ON THE DAY WILL BE INVOICED                                      

Back in the day they made trucks with character.

I wonder what sort of a life Grumpy had.

81840FC9-0AD3-480A-80CB-A99F40126E32.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Our first truck with a lifter would go so slow it was almost going backwards on the hills with a honey load on. Blowing smoke, drivers door held shut with a bungy...there was no money in the industry, enough to survive most years but damn it was fun. 

Edited by BSB
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1