• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a new bee truck today. 1929 Willys Overland Whippet.

It’s a very long time since I had a Ute . Now I have one again . I love it 

Got truck and just waiting for sign writing 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, jamesc said:

Aewsome .... cut and a polish .... and she'll be ready for visits to plunket !

Haha yeah I told my sister I was going to put baby in there, she thought I was nuts haha no seatbelts or anything ?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Hector Wong said:

It is a truck so would have been exempt

I had a kid's crayon set that had a green that was a perfect match for the exempt sticker. It was used too...Along with illicit decanting of huge cans of petrol in the dead of night on the Desert Rd..

22 minutes ago, yesbut said:

I had a kid's crayon set that had a green that was a perfect match for the exempt sticker. It was used too...Along with illicit decanting of huge cans of petrol in the dead of night on the Desert Rd..

If my memory serves me right the label with the O were for cars and light trucks.  Heavy vehicles (over 3.5 tonnes) was a K.

• Agree 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, Alastair said:

Got my ute back, now it looks like this :12_slight_smile:

I've crawled around underneath and can't find a fault in it, even in the difficult little places where the rust I was worried about was starting, now it's all smooth and beautiful. Shining a torch into the chassis rails it can be seen they've done a good job in there as well, right in where most people would never normally look. There is an unpleasant chemical / oily type smell in the cab, but I assume that will go in time.

Had to take the Ezyloader off so they could do a thorough job, and what surprised me after bouncing around rough tracks for 20,000 km with the Ezyloader hanging off the back, I thought the chassis would have bent a little. But it hasn't, not even a mm. Was wondering how this could be, then when we were cleaning the mud out from the insides of the chassis rails, I noticed for the first time that there's more steel inside the rails that you don't know is there. It's definately a heavy duty chassis.

Autoblast.jpg

Here's some eye candy from Aussie conference Alastair, Des loves his Mahindra, has two of them and is looking to buy another one. He carts his hives from QLD o VIC and drags this trailer with the forklift behind in the Mahindra. He made these lifters for about $10,000 each.

IMG_0034.jpg.b18afcff7d2f3517546c5506e39562de.jpgIMG_0035.jpg.e28a3178240e756ac796c762a20942e0.jpgIMG_0036.jpg.ddbca18ff9850456cd3b66533c9df09b.jpgIMG_0049.jpg.afb1703c50e3d1f5c35eeb97301a601f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Good Info 1
5 minutes ago, Dennis Crowley said:

Was wondering how this could be, then when we were cleaning the mud out from the insides of the chassis rails, I noticed for the first time that there's more steel inside the rails that you don't know is there. It's definately a heavy duty chassis.

Springs prevent the shock loads bending the Chassis
What will kill the Chassis is if the load hits the bump stop rubbers continually

• Good Info 1
On 5/07/2018 at 11:31 AM, Dennis Crowley said:

Here's some eye candy from Aussie conference Alastair, Des loves his Mahindra, has two of them and is looking to buy another one. He carts his hives from QLD o VIC and drags this trailer with the forklift behind in the Mahindra. He made these lifters for about $10,000 each.

IMG_0034.jpg.b18afcff7d2f3517546c5506e39562de.jpgIMG_0035.jpg.e28a3178240e756ac796c762a20942e0.jpgIMG_0036.jpg.ddbca18ff9850456cd3b66533c9df09b.jpgIMG_0049.jpg.afb1703c50e3d1f5c35eeb97301a601f.jpg

That's a mean little fork lift, what make and size is it?