• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a new bee truck today. 1929 Willys Overland Whippet.

It’s a very long time since I had a Ute . Now I have one again . I love it 

Got truck and just waiting for sign writing 

Posted Images

Spring around?? or spring round? 

Don't try taking it where the ute used to go.   The front tyres are like razors when rounding corners and crossing slopes.  You and up sledging/scapling turf.

And elephants to move once stuck.  Been there.

Others have put different tyres (grippers) on front and back to help out but limited by the ratings/ply capacity.  

Good work horse though.   I miss the 2wd- nice low deck. 

14 hours ago, jamesc said:

Nope ....stoneys isuzu died on the hill... when hauling honey an bees you need horsepower ... lotsof it..

Rubbish Jamesc and you know it.... that 550 I drove was unloaded of honey, re loaded with foundy, driver change and went straight back to Franz... brake assembly complete too.. 

currently sitting there ready to return... 

we run 2x 550 4x4 a 300 and 450... sleeper cabs in 550s single cab rest. 

Sets of tractor tyres for the 300 & 450 and mate they go anywhere, awesome bee trucks. 

Even with 500 kgs of hiab hanging off the back. 

Id love to try the dbl cab version for more beeks but deck space is important. 

• Good Info 1
  • Stirrer 1
52 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Rubbish Jamesc and you know it.... that 550 I drove was unloaded of honey, re loaded with foundy, driver change and went straight back to Franz... brake assembly complete too.. 

Sets of tractor tyres for the 300 & 450 and mate they go anywhere, awesome bee trucks. 

Was that you lot mucking about with truck/boxes at Knight's Point a few weeks ago ?

20 hours ago, Stoney said:

Your right, it’s all in the tyres. We have set of mud lugs for the MAN.... tractor tyres for front and same for outside dual on the back. Bit noisy going doen the road but great for flotation.

On 27 January 2018 at 9:21 AM, Lindaloo26 said:

Spring around?? or spring round? 

Don't try taking it where the ute used to go.   The front tyres are like razors when rounding corners and crossing slopes.  You and up sledging/scapling turf.

And elephants to move once stuck.  Been there.

Others have put different tyres (grippers) on front and back to help out but limited by the ratings/ply capacity.  

Good work horse though.   I miss the 2wd- nice low deck. 

our spring bee site are  rolling to flat so we are still keeping the landcruzer as there are place'si wouldn't take a land cruzer in the wet 

• Like 1
On 18/01/2018 at 8:52 AM, dansar said:

There was one of these on display at last years Mystery Creek Field Days. I helped set up the display for Mercedes. The vehicle was on road tyres and struggled in 4wD to get up on to the concrete blocks used to raise it up on one side. They have a huge deck on them though. Plenty of room for a crane and all the hives, boxes you need to carry.

Road tires is a no go, we tested it on grassland (hilly farm) and was not great until the guys put offroad tires and some load on it. (that was not a flatbed but the similar cab+chassis and drivetrain) after that it performed great. still not an unimog tho :) but capable

Edited by Gabor
typos
  • 4 weeks later...