By the look of that one its seen very little work.

This is often the case when a DIYer splashes out and gets a contractors barrow.

I remember this model, it had the squared off front wheel guard.

This helped the DIYer to maintain balance when the barrow is tipping grass clippings onto the compost heap.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a new bee truck today. 1929 Willys Overland Whippet.

It’s a very long time since I had a Ute . Now I have one again . I love it 

Got truck and just waiting for sign writing 

Posted Images

Do you leave the crane set up when moving around a block?

Or do you stash it away between jobs?

Normally drop it back down. The thought of not seeing some low power lines terrifies me. On my tall truck it does sit quite high when the mast is up. Fortunately it is quick to set up and really only adds a few minutes per yard by stashing it away each trip. However if it is just to the other end of the farm I leave it swinging and strap the cradle to the side of the truck. Works well.

I would thoroughly recommend the Ezy Loader to anyone. They are much quicker than hiab type loaders. The only down side is their maximum lift capacity. You would not be able to use them on pallets of four. The 300kg model will happily do pallets of 2 though.

This helped the DIYer to maintain balance when the barrow is tipping grass clippings onto the compost heap.

And it makes it very difficult to tip a load of concrete accurately without the barrow running away. FYI I haven't been a DIYer since 1969. It's my wife's truck actually.

Normally drop it back down. The thought of not seeing some low power lines terrifies me. On my tall truck it does sit quite high when the mast is up. Fortunately it is quick to set up and really only adds a few minutes per yard by stashing it away each trip. However if it is just to the other end of the farm I leave it swinging and strap the cradle to the side of the truck. Works well.

I would thoroughly recommend the Ezy Loader to anyone. They are much quicker than hiab type loaders. The only down side is their maximum lift capacity. You would not be able to use them on pallets of four. The 300kg model will happily do pallets of 2 though.

They make real big ones! 1000 kg!

They make real big ones! 1000 kg!

Cool, turns out they have a truck mount 500kg model now. The 1 tonne model is floor mount only. I would suggest the big 500kg model would be a bit slow for moving hives that were not on pallets of 4, and a hiab or 4wd forklift would be better for pallets. It also looks like it takes a lot of deck space. I think be biggest, most efficient model for moving hive would be the 300 kg, up to pallets of 2 hives. Anything above that I would think Hiab/avant. Remember the Ezy loader only lifts, you still have to push it around. Pushing 500kg 4 hive pallets around in mid air doesn't sound appealing to me.

Cool, turns out they have a truck mount 500kg model now. The 1 tonne model is floor mount only. I would suggest the big 500kg model would be a bit slow for moving hives that were not on pallets of 4, and a hiab or 4wd forklift would be better for pallets. It also looks like it takes a lot of deck space. I think be biggest, most efficient model for moving hive would be the 300 kg, up to pallets of 2 hives. Anything above that I would think Hiab/avant. Remember the Ezy loader only lifts, you still have to push it around. Pushing 500kg 4 hive pallets around in mid air doesn't sound appealing to me.

300kg at 5m reach will tip a 2 tonne truck unless it has outriggers

200kg at 5.5m reach will tip a 2.2m wide x 1 tonne trailer.

I would say that the 300kg model is actually the 200kg one.

I know that the 200kg model will lift a 300kg drum of honey at a couple of meters reach.

Could the 200kg model be mounted to a ute?

I know that the 200kg model will lift a 300kg drum of honey at a couple of meters reach.

The 200 and 300kg models won't fit on a 2 tonne truck/trailer. I managed to (just) fit my 200 model on a nissan atlas 3.5 tonne truck with outriggers. I think without I would definitely have tipped it. It is much happier in the 14.5 tonne truck I posted earlier. No need for outriggers. Also, I wouldn't suggest lifting over the load rating, we have split welds doing that on the 300kg model.

I know I can be slow at times, but what do you mean by the 300kg model is actually the 200kg one?

Absolutely not. The 125 model is sometimes a stretch depending on Ute size.

I've just checked this on their site.

It is unclear to me whether the 300kg rated crane will lift 300kg at max reach of 4.8m.

In some cases the reach should be measured from the truck wheel or leg to the center of the load.

Its possible that these cranes are rated by measuring the reach from the vertical tower out to the center of the load.

I spoke with the manufacturer at the conference and he was a good guy.

I know I can be slow at times, but what do you mean by the 300kg model is actually the 200kg one?

Sorry Ive re posted that.

The manufacturer told me that the 200 kg model will lift a 300kg drum in close to the truck.

I've looked at the site and it is unclear to me whether the 300kg model will lift 300kg at full reach of 4.8m.

The photo shows the operator lifting a drum across the the front diagonal which makes a big difference from directly abeam.

Also it is unclear whether the 4.8m reach is measured from the main vertical crane column or from the side of the truck.

My one is 5.2m reach measured from the outside edge of the wheel and 5.6m measured from the vertical crane column.

@Philbee Yeh, he is an awesome guy. Even from Australia he offers some of the best support I have ever received. All ratings, which indicate model, are at full reach, which is 4.8m from the mast, so the 300kg model will lift 300 kg at the full 4.8m. Rating doesn't change depending on how close you are to the truck as the boom system is effectively always at full reach.

Edit: I'm sure they will lift a lot more than they are rated for. But you take the risk of damaging them. I have definitely lifted more than 200kg on my 200 Ezyloader. The electric ones more so than the hydraulic ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon everyone, my name is Gene Simmiss and I am looking to design/build a purpose built bee truck. I am looking to speak to those in the industry who have any ideas/tips/recommendations on what the truck should include etc. Please contact me on <phone number removed> or <email removed> Any input or help would be great to building this truck so please do not hesitate to come forward. Thank you.

Good afternoon everyone, my name is Gene Simmiss and I am looking to design/build a purpose built bee truck. I am looking to speak to those in the industry who have any ideas/tips/recommendations on what the truck should include etc. ............Any input or help would be great to building this truck so please do not hesitate to come forward. Thank you.

would be best to make that a separate thread.

trouble is everyones requirements are a bit different.

4x4 of course. i do like the look of the iveco AWD.

single tires rather than duals

low centre of gravity

low deck height

pto output

onboard air

short wheelbase

6 ton (drive on car license)

10 speed gearbox plus low range.

basically a big truck scaled right down.

one of the biggest curses in small trucks/utes is lack of gears. they are either way to low geared for highway use or to high geared for offroad or hauling weight, especially first gear. having to start off in low range, then crawl to somewhere to stop and get into high range is a pain to say the least. also low range automatically goes in 4wd which is not good on tarseal.

low centre of gravity

low deck height

pto output

onboard air

short wheelbase

one of the biggest curses in small trucks/utes is lack of gears. they are either way to low geared for highway use or to high geared for offroad or hauling weight, especially first gear. having to start off in low range, then crawl to somewhere to stop and get into high range is a pain to say the least. also low range automatically goes in 4wd which is not good on tarseal.

Plus rated to tow a 3.5 ton trailer (y)(y)

low centre of gravity

low deck height

pto output

onboard air

short wheelbase

Thank you for your reply Tristan, very helpful. I would like to have a phone/email discussion with you to pick your brain a little more, is this possible? Also I have created a new thread regarding this. Cheers

Thank you for your reply Tristan, very helpful. I would like to have a phone/email discussion with you to pick your brain a little more, is this possible? Also I have created a new thread regarding this. Cheers

Please read the forum guidelines which were posted to you when your registration was completed. http://www.nzbees.net/forums/new-to-nz-beekeepers-forum.39/

You got here by seeing this subject and its content posted publicly.

• Do not post email contact, website contact or phone numbers.

The forums are designed to publicly share information, we would respectfully ask you therefore to discuss your topic in public and not take it offline by encouraging others to contact you privately to discuss the subject further, as this devalues the forums for everyone.

• Like 1