• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a new bee truck today. 1929 Willys Overland Whippet.

It’s a very long time since I had a Ute . Now I have one again . I love it 

Got truck and just waiting for sign writing 

Posted Images

I'm really keen to see what people have.

From the pics I've seen it looks like the big commercial have Isuzu Hiab type 4WD with Palfingers behind the cab. Is this pretty standard?

• Like 1

we still run utes as do most around these parts.

very difficult to use trucks. i know a few that do but they tend to be used in summer only.

even in perfectly dry weather today i was spinning out going up the hill and had to use 4wd. thats with decent tires to, not truck tread.

add a trailer you can triple your load with very little extra cost. the costs go way up with trucks.

• Like 4
oops

[ATTACH=full]11431[/ATTACH]

Gosh why you in that ditch Tristan it's not even wet. eek_zpsiuj2yetu.gif

Seriously though, that truck and trailer set up in the previous pic looks like an awesome solution for a lot of beekeepers, I'm guessing that trailer is braked?

You must have something bigger though with lifting gear for honey harvesting etc?

Gosh what you doing there Tristan it's not even wet. eek_zpsiuj2yetu.gif

that was the boss. pays not to use the phone when reversing and found the only drain around for miles.

there was no where to turn around ahead and even that grass was hiding an inch of water.

do not worry, theres pic of me around burying the ute to the axle in mud after taking a "shortcut". :rofl:

Seriously though, that truck and trailer set up in the previous pic looks like an awesome solution for a lot of beekeepers, I'm guessing that trailer is braked?

You must have something bigger though with lifting gear for honey harvesting etc?

yeah its braked on both axles. single axle braking just kept locking up the brakes and overheating the brakes.

actually no. in the field everything is taken off by hand and loaded on the utes by hand.

unloading at shed is forklift.

• Like 1

been looking at it. but 6 tonners don't carry any more than a ute and 2.5 ton trailer. trucks are higher so issues with loading. so really need a crane which reduces load capacity. also height is an issue with access. add in they are much more expensive. kinda expensive to have for a limited amount of use.