Has anyone got any info or operating manuals on vertical humma

got a vertical humma, not sure whether first or second model, but no instructions on operating and speeds to run at etc. Have already dropped a load of honey and wax on the floor shutting down incorrectly, which was great to clean up. thanks for any help

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh.......the old beetech spinfloat. so very much hated :lol

no manuals around that i know off. you can get old of the manufacture and he can give you a run down on how it operates. sorry i forget the guys name at the mo.

there is actually multiple versions. the frustrating thing is its "work in progress". so its liable to have various modifications done to it.

take some pics i might be able to spot whats been done to it.

adjustments. the big one is the dams at the bottom of the cylinder. that controls how much honey is in the machine and depth of wax that floats on the honey. fairly critical but i don't have any base line to work off.

spin speed varies a bit. you don't have to run it full speed. cold or sticky honey tends to require faster speed. ours max out at 45hz and we need 41-45hz for cold/sticky honey. our heat exchanger is poor so often running to cold.

wax cutting speed. there is a few different versions, some have user adjustable speed, others a bit harder to adjust.

one big problem is cutting to often. that causes the blades to rub and melts the wax causing it to stick rather than cut.

one of the big issues is constant flow of honey wax mix and big chunks of wax.

best thing to do with these is use something like a honey press to get most of the wax out of it first and then put it through the spinfloat.

• 2 weeks later...
got a vertical humma, not sure whether first or second model, but no instructions on operating and speeds to run at etc. Have already dropped a load of honey and wax on the floor shutting down incorrectly, which was great to clean up. thanks for any help

Hi I use to make these machines for beetech a long time ago . if you need any advice on the machine feel free to ask .

i'm not aware that a manual was even written for them (which seams not uncommon for various manufactures)

probably the biggest question is setting of the "dams" i think they called them, the plastic bits at the bottom, which changes the wax level.

Don't suppose you have a manual lying around?

No MATE !! There were never manuals made for these machines . I would set the dams at around 8 mm to the open end . try running the machine like that . The big thing is to try it and see how dry your wax come out. If you are just pricking i would get rid of the cutter and just dump the wax left in the drum at the end of the day. If you are going to use the cutter see how wet the wax is when the cutter works, if it is to wet you need to open the dams so your honey comes out dryer. I think the speed should be around 38 hurts on the controller. Hope this helps