tudor

NBA hobby beekeeper fees

Either they don't want a bar of us or they're thick as two short planks :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Wasn't it $150 for 12 months? $166 for 13 months isn't more expensive then. I am not sure but last time I checked I think it was $150.

Is my memory failing me, or has the hobby BK fee gone up ? quite a lot ...

Joining the National Beekeepers Association of New Zealand

But you won't be joining the NBA

At this stage, it is likely the NBA will offer 2016 subscriptions to existing members for only two months of next year - February and March, 2016. Subscription notices will be sent out in October 2015. There are two reasons for this two month subscription period:

1. Existing NBA members will have paid a 2015 subscription based on 13 months – up until the end of January 2016. This was done as part of moves at the time to transfer the NBA’s financial year from January to December to March to April.

2. It is envisaged that the new organisation will begin operating from April 1, 2016, and also that – probably in January or February - it will call for subscriptions for a 12 month period (April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017). Subscription levels and membership categories will be finalised in coming months.

People who were not members of the NBA in 2015, but who want to join for the coming year are welcome to do so. They will pay three months of subscriptions (January – March inclusive) and can then choose to join the new organisation from April 1, 2016.

NZ Apiculture Industry Update September 2015

I'm confused as to what is outdated. The same information is from the NBA site link in Tudors post

The Interim Apiculture Industry Governance Board’s intention is to have the new entity up and running by April 1, 2016. We anticipate that the NBA Special Vote, likely to be held early next year, will give the green light on the new organisation. By joining the NBA now, for a 2016 membership beginning January 1, we are confident that you can secure your place as a member of the new organisation. Your NBA membership should transition into the new, unified organisation come April 1, granting you a founding membership.

Is my memory failing me, or has the hobby BK fee gone up ? quite a lot ...

Joining the National Beekeepers Association of New Zealand

nah, it has always been like that, it was just a preventative measure to avoid all that hobby stuff gumming up the works. It is going to make the new organisation so much more interesting to see what happens to fees.

Actually that might be slightly unfair. In truth I heard that the magazine costs so much to produce that membership basically covered the magazine. Roughly $12 an issue I suppose, sounds plausible for such a smaller readership. There was never an option to belong to the NBA sans magazine..

Seems like the ammount of advertisments could pay for the mag.... And the content, I thought that most was voluntary. If i had done a research on some industry related topic, I will be ecstatic to be offered the chance to publish an excerpt in a mag... The research gets funded by other means, not by the publishing company, surely??

Either they don't want a bar of us or they're thick as two short planks :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

or both