Feed Supplements and Additives for Bees

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi there I'm Wayne from Agrisea. I just wanted to clarify a few things regarding our Bee Nutrition product. We do have all 10 of the Amino Acids required for bee health for some reason they were mi

Stuff sounds good forget the bees I'll take a bottle for myself

Hahaha. It says Prevents Bee Deaths. If we take it personally we may just live forever. It is clearly poorly translated from its original language. Like Chinese instruction manuals.

We had Paul from Agrisea come to visit yesterday. Paused for a chat and stayed for lunch. It's always refreshing to have Paul visit as he stirs us out of our "normal" view of chemical farming.

Happy soil is happy plants which yield bee feed. Apparently glyphosate is an anti biotic and thereby makes the soil sterile ? Why are we trying to grow plants in a sterile environment ? Soil temperatures on ' natural farms' can be 1.4c higher than on chemical farms. Interesting.

Back to seaweed. We have used seaweed on and off over the years in s syrup mix. It was'nt very scientific but it 'felt good' using it !

Mark Goodwin is apparently doing a trial on it's efficacy. We are also going to use some on our sprayed out bees .... about 100ml per hive squirted on the top bars with a drench gun .... and then wait and see. All highly scientific.

• Like 3
We had Paul from Agrisea come to visit yesterday. Paused for a chat and stayed for lunch. It's always refreshing to have Paul visit as he stirs us out of our "normal" view of chemical farming.

Happy soil is happy plants which yield bee feed. Apparently glyphosate is an anti biotic and thereby makes the soil sterile ? Why are we trying to grow plants in a sterile environment ? Soil temperatures on ' natural farms' can be 1.4c higher than on chemical farms. Interesting.

Back to seaweed. We have used seaweed on and off over the years in s syrup mix. It was'nt very scientific but it 'felt good' using it !

Mark Goodwin is apparently doing a trial on it's efficacy. We are also going to use some on our sprayed out bees .... about 100ml per hive squirted on the top bars with a drench gun .... and then wait and see. All highly scientific.

One property we used watered down ahe( animal health elixer) seaweed molasis garlic + Everywhere i walked with my brew up came bountiful mushrooms. In a wobbly line. I do believe there is benefits to the seaweed based suppliments. Ive seen it in cattle. Our bees spend alot of time in the garden getting the nutrients from the seaweeds

One property we used watered down ahe( animal health elixer) seaweed molasis garlic + Everywhere i walked with my brew up came bountiful mushrooms. In a wobbly line. I do believe there is benefits to the seaweed based suppliments. Ive seen it in cattle. Our bees spend alot of time in the garden getting the nutrients from the seaweeds

Im not recommending ahe for bees. The molassis may cause more issues than benefits

an anti biotic and thereby makes the soil sterile ?

Well what is the definition of sterile ? No life is supported including animal?

Funny how worm casts appear soon after glyphosate application , followed by a mass of seed germination

Funny how worm casts appear soon after glyphosate application , followed by a mass of seed germination

True ... life is full of mystery

• Like 1

I never heard of Glyphosate being called an antibiotic. But yes, I guess it is that. It does disrupt Shikimate pathway in plants, fungi and bacteria Shikimate pathway - Wikipedia. This is the 7 step process with which they make Adenosine Triphosphate Adenosine triphosphate - Wikipedia which is used by cells to transport energy. So no ATP means cells starve to death. That is the scientific explanation of how Glyphosate works. Monsanto says it is 100% safe for people since humans and higher order animals don't use Shikimate pathway. However, our gut bacteria definitely do use it and we rely on it to help us digest our food and for 80% of our immune system function. Earthworms don't use it (yes their gut bacteria does use it) and the seeds are dormant until they sprout by which point glyphosate and its metabolites could be inactivated sufficiently to allow growth. There is much that we don't yet know about very complex natural systems and how our "modern" chemistry affects them.

• Like 2