dansar

Nucleus and Queen prices 2015

I see some cheeky fella wondering if they will get a honey harvest of of it this season..

• Like 2

I see some cheeky fella wondering if they will get a honey harvest of of it this season..

Of course, and the honey will be active 20+ because there were 20+ bees total.

The seller hasn't answered that one yet. Only the cheeky fella would know....

Another Bloke wants to know if it will collect Manuka and how much. They have 3 Manuka bushes and want a nuc for each

it's it even possible to over winter a mating nuc?

• Like 1

Feed it, it will make it.

• Like 1

Only on active manuka honey. I will sell you the recipe :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

sad_face1.gifoovick (93 star50.gif) icon_av.gif17/4/14

bee_man311 was the buyer

(#710850820)

Time waster.

bee_man311 was the buyer

(#710842541)

Bad trader. Never bothered to pick up the items. Time waster.

bee_man311 was the buyer

(#710820195)

Horrible trader. Mu

happy_face1.gifmax030 (240 star200.gif) icon_av.gif9/8/13

bee_man311 was the seller

(#613009372)

Good trade, but one of the nucs, the weaker one, did not survive, just not enough bees.

trader responded:18/8/13

please give me a call,i give you other nuc.thanks

happy_face1.gifmax030 (240 star200.gif) icon_av.gif9/8/13

bee_man311 was the seller

(#613009372)

Good trade, but one of the nucs, the weaker one, did not survive, just not enough bees.

trader responded:18/8/13

please give me a call,i give you other nuc.thanks

The new nuc is probably the other half of the weak one

@dansar if you're not the successful bidder can I put my hive on your manuka . Cheers. :cool:
  • Like 1

We can't blame the seller for the price. He started the auction at $50. Poly nucs are about $30, Queen about $50, plus the guys labour to put the two together.

A unusual way to sell a Queen, I agree but it's the bidders that make the price.

Haha, some people almost deserve to be parted with their money. Buying livestock of any kind without even the most basic knowledge, let alone bees is crazy. You'd have to be mad to buy bees on trademe based on the prices for various hive configurations people are asking for.

A friend of mine used to overwinter quite a few queens in poly nucs in his tiny backyard in London. If they can thrive there I'd guess they'd be fine through an Auckland winter.

• Like 1

Haha, some people almost deserve to be parted with their money. Buying livestock of any kind without even the most basic knowledge, let alone bees is crazy. You'd have to be mad to buy bees on trademe based on the prices for various hive configurations people are asking for.

where else can you buy them?

Only those people that have done some serious home work, know about bee clubs and sites such as this.

T/M is for average joe hunt, who would like some hives in the back yard, for one season ... if their lucky, ... I feel sorry for the suckers.

• Like 1

A friend of mine used to overwinter quite a few queens in poly nucs in his tiny backyard in London. If they can thrive there I'd guess they'd be fine through an Auckland winter.

i think they overwinter better in a mini poly than in a wooden nuc. just have to watch their food.

• Like 1

I am planning on NUC sales @ $200.00 per 5 FD frames in Hive Doctor NUC box with new season mated queens. Collected from my yard.

I expect NUC's to be available around early/mid October.

I only sell to hobbyists and club members as I only have very limited supplies.

No I am not taking orders at this time of the year as I do not know what will be available at this stage.

Hi Trevor just wondering if you have an nucs available for sale. I am a hobbyist and rotorua honey bee club member. I am just getting started and trying to source some bees but finding it hard.

Hi Trevor just wondering if you have an nucs available for sale. I am a hobbyist and rotorua honey bee club member. I am just getting started and trying to source some bees but finding it hard.

At this stage No. Earliest I will have nuc's for sale will be the end of October. As posted above. I am not taking any orders at this stage as I do not like to make promises that I may not be able to keep. I do not like to disappoint my customers.

Thanks

• Like 1

At this stage No. Earliest I will have nuc's for sale will be the end of October. As posted above. I am not taking any orders at this stage as I do not like to make promises that I may not be able to keep. I do not like to disappoint my customers.

Thanks

No worries cheers

Nice looking NUC though.

I will sell you as many as you want at that price

This should shoot down @dansar 's argument about cost of input setting the market price !