Chris Valentine

Beetek and Ecroyd are to merge on the 1 of april

OK checked out the Ecrotek site. The only FD plastic frame currently on show is priced at $3.94. Last year price I paid to Beetek was $1.95 + GST.

• Like 1

OK checked out the Ecrotek site. The only FD plastic frame currently on show is priced at $3.94. Last year price I paid to Beetek was $1.95 + GST.

yea everything is a lot more expensive on ecrotek page vs ecroyds

Any one bought from Ceracell lately will have noticed there prices are on the rise.

Check with them for bulk purchase rates.

Web page says Online purchases from 1 July 2015 so maybe they sales dept is not operational yet.

Last October I bought 150 x3/4 plastic frames from Beetek @ $2.20 +gst. This was the same price as October 2013

Not selling online until July? Do they not want our custom?

I have called them on their 0800 number - spoke to Dave there. He said pricing on the website is only for small quantities - he said for volume to call them or email

I have called them on their 0800 number - spoke to Dave there. He said pricing on the website is only for small quantities - he said for volume to call them or email

DudleyBee, did he indicate if volume prices would be available on the website in future? If not, they're throwing money away.

I do most of my budgeting and shopping online in the course of a sit down evening, and I base a lot of purchasing decisions on those volume thresholds and prices. If I can't budget reasonably accurately from a website, that supplier is just going to be crossed off my list - I haven't got the time or patience to have to email back and forth, and wait a day each time for an office-hours reply to get a bunch of prices.

Hi deejaycee - he didn't say anything about that - not sure how you buy BK supplies online currently as no-one I know does it in NZ.....Ecroyd didn't, Beetek didn't and Ceracell doesn't....am I missing a supplier who does?

LOL no, you're not missing anything. I meant I figure out my purchase from the website prices and email the order off to them... but I don't want to go through days of emails back and forth to get to that point.

Somebody put a link up please I'm either not following or this is an April 1st thing.

no, it's not an April Fools joke.

Remember 1 April is the start of the new financial year too, so a logical time for a merger.

So are we all going to get a free hive tool from them?

Yes, they have some work to do if they want new customers - or even the old ones

Hobby beeks have had appalling service in Auck from a sole company setup, well before new owners - eg no med brood foundation for eighteen months, and top price for everything. I am delighted with Ecrotek setup could not possibly be worse off.

• Like 1

it was bound to happen hopefully pricing won't get out of control

Hobby beeks have had appalling service in Auck from a sole company setup, well before new owners - eg no med brood foundation for eighteen months, and top price for everything.
For me, the pricing has not been too bad in larger quantities, but the service has been ambivalent. So much so that I get most stuff freighted from the South Island just so it will actually show up, with no dramas.

However I spoke on the phone to Ceracell this morning and she sounded like she actually cared, things may be looking up.

Not sure if Ecrotek forming will change much really it's always been easy enough to get stuff freighted and the guys and girls at Ecroyds and NZ Beeswax are so friendly and helpful on the phone it's actually a pleasure to place an order. If something in your order is not in stock, those South Islanders actually get back and tell you and ask what you want to do. Instead of just stopping your entire order, even what they do have, without letting you know, for however long it takes for the missing items to show up. It was non delivery for indeterminate time frames, lack of information, and dealing with someone on the phone who saw me as an interruption to her day and wouldn't solve it, that forced me to look South.

About the only thing I buy much of from Ceracell these days is lids as freight on those is expensive. Unless I get caught out I'll place the order weeks before I need them to allow for the delays that I have learned to expect. However got to say the last couple of orders have gone smoothly. If this continues I may try them at something else.

For me, the pricing has not been too bad in larger quantities, but the service has been ambivalent. So much so that I get most stuff freighted from the South Island just so it will actually show up, with no dramas.

However I spoke on the phone to Ceracell this morning and she sounded like she actually cared, things may be looking up.

Not sure if Ecrotek forming will change much really it's always been easy enough to get stuff freighted and the guys and girls at Ecroyds and NZ Beeswax are so friendly and helpful on the phone it's actually a pleasure to place an order. If something in your order is not in stock, those South Islanders actually get back and tell you and ask what you want to do. Instead of just stopping your entire order, even what they do have, without letting you know, for however long it takes for the missing items to show up. It was non delivery for indeterminate time frames, lack of information, and dealing with someone on the phone who saw me as an interruption to her day and wouldn't solve it, that forced me to look South.

About the only thing I buy much of from Ceracell these days is lids as freight on those is expensive. Unless I get caught out I'll place the order weeks before I need them to allow for the delays that I have learned to expect. However got to say the last couple of orders have gone smoothly. If this continues I may try them at something else.

I have dealt with NZBW for just about everything and the freight pricing isnt bad. I base it on the cost of fuel and my time to travel to Auckland and the freight will almost always be cheaper. @Stu has a very good service as well AKA The Hive Doctor.

Buying large quantities of galv roof etc it would be cheaper to buy in the Auck / CNI area rather than SI for me purely based on freight rates and weight.

I havent had any experience with Cerracell but it sounds like the new owners may have given it a new lease of life. I hope so for their sakes as it sounds like there is some reputation to rebuild. Beetek are always obliging and easy to deal with.

I headed south for a while there..ceracell staff were not easy to deal with at times English not first language for some..However new owners have been great to deal with staff polite and helpful and good communication through email ..A nice change:)