Stolen Hives and Honey Taranaki and Reward

I don't know what the honey grade was, but, say it was multi flora, 40 kg / hive @ $ 8 / kg .. theres $320 on a single brood box & bits = another $300 ... so each hive is worth $620 !

If it was Manuka average grade ... say 25+ / kg that's $1300 +/- no wonder there on the hit list

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to realise that average Joe Citizen, ( includes farmer / land owner hive sites ) doesn't really understand the value of hives these day's and I don't think a lot of us are suspicious enough .

Case in point, another beek gave me a hand to collect supers 3 weeks ago. We went to 4 different sites, easily observable by land owners. We were in a new 4x4 flat deck ( totally different vehicle than I use ) loaded up the booty and shot through, ... no questions asked ! ... I guess they see the boxes and suits, and think ' here comes that bee dude, and there goes that bee dude ! '

• Like 2
You have to realise that average Joe Citizen, ( includes farmer / land owner hive sites ) doesn't really understand the value of hives these day's and I don't think a lot of us are suspicious enough .

Case in point, another beek gave me a hand to collect supers 3 weeks ago. We went to 4 different sites, easily observable by land owners. We were in a new 4x4 flat deck ( totally different vehicle than I use ) loaded up the booty and shot through, ... no questions asked ! ... I guess they see the boxes and suits, and think ' here comes that bee dude, and there goes that bee dude ! '

The way Health and safety is going soon you will have to text or ring or even sign in the land owner when you enter and when you leave

i have a forest block i have hives on and that what i have to do