This subject hasn't been discussed for over a year, and then without much substance. Has anyone looked into or bought or use/d a USB microscope ? As usual there appears to be the standard price range, from peanuts to gold dust....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I looked into it, decided they wouldn't do the job, and bought a conventional trinocular. That way, I'll upgrade with a USB camera when I have the time and money. It is possible to use a conventional camera, and there is an adapter for smartphones. USB's may be an option for anatomy, but not for pollen or nosema.

I couldn't find anything I considered value for money in NZ (or Aus) so I imported mine from the US.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Far be it for me to mention the word "tightwad" particularly in light of your kind offer to send the thing to me, but I am a bit surprised you'd spend that sort money & expect satisfaction !

It is on Fastway today. I have had great success with items purchased both from ebay and Aliexpress. This is the first item that has not performed to expectations. My wife also wanted to see if it would be ok to use at her work as a primary school librarian.

Your toy arrived today @Trevor Gillbanks . I haven't decided yet whether to thank you or not. I've loaded this & that, upgraded this & that, located that found this, ticked this unticked that rebooted etc etc and have managed to get a highly magnified view of my shirtsleeve from about 4 mm away before it merged back into redbrown fuzz. I'll have another play tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...