@Bee\-Loved Flowers You've proved my point. If you're sure the NBA knows all this then why not just come out and say it? Instead you seemed to be fishing for a counter view that you could then crush with info graphics.

You're not the only one here who cares for the well-being of bees. Bear this in mind and pose your questions respectfully. You might find the answers more agreeable.

I hope you'll read this as the constructive response that is intended.

Thanks Rob. I have no idea what the NBA knows because I've had no response at all from there. I'd hoped that someone on here might be able to enlighten me because it's a place where there seem to be lots of well-informed people who care about bees. And I've loved the answers I've had to other enquiries I've made, really appreciate them.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beeks growing grumpiness about neonics would get a lot more traction from joe public if the bee-victims were warm fuzzy & cuddly instead of the crunchy wingy stingy things they actually are. And it doesn't help when joe public can't tell a bee from a wasp from a hoverfly. Neonics save too many people too much money to be banned overnight. It's going to take provable measurable losses of bees before any controls will materialise. Don't preach too much to the converted here @Bee\-Loved Flowers (y)

Thank you. I'm genuinely mystified that there's so much anti-neonic and anti-glyphosate activity in other parts of the world but apparently less here, although lots of us care about bees and learn about them at school etc and the Buzzy Bee is our classic children's toy. I wish I'd learned more about all the other pollinators that are also affected by neonics and glyphosate, too. Maybe lots of you are quietly working away for change but it's hard-going because of the commercial interests involved. I'd like to know more.