whats flowering in pasture in waikato

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of catsear and penny royal. There is clover flowering in low lying places. Privet is in full flower. There are no dandelions flowering yet, but they will once the autumn rains activate them. Pasture is greening up but the flow is very light . Some eucalypts are in flower if you are lucky enough to be near any

Hard to tell how long it will last. For me, the catsear has been going for a while and will finish fairly soon. The clover is making a comeback after the rain for a last hurrah. If it turns dry the pennyroyal can go on for weeks - the cows don't like to eat it, it seems.

I like pennyroyal honey, although many don't. Not the best odour ( sheep shed is the nicest description I've heard) but a nice minty taste

Hard to tell how long it will last. For me, the catsear has been going for a while and will finish fairly soon. The clover is making a comeback after the rain for a last hurrah. If it turns dry the pennyroyal can go on for weeks - the cows don't like to eat it, it seems.

I like pennyroyal honey, although many don't. Not the best odour ( sheep shed is the nicest description I've heard) but a nice minty taste

Yep it certainly reminds me of that. Dandelion honey smells reminds me of sweaty gumboot socks:confused: