Latest technology used to develop beekeeping suit

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I really think that we must take conscious effort when developing bee suits as they are just what we have between us and the deadly stings of a number of bees.

And though some people will probably not mind, there is a dire need to get the best protection out there. There were some talks with using kevlar but they can really be heavy and expensive even.

I really think that we must take conscious effort when developing bee suits as they are just what we have between us and the deadly stings of a number of bees.

And though some people will probably not mind, there is a dire need to get the best protection out there. There were some talks with using kevlar but they can really be heavy and expensive even.

Welcome along Adrian, thanks for registering. I think kevlar would be a great material for a beesuit. Perhaps not so good in the heat though.

I was hoping the main parts of the pictured suit would be rice paper or something similar. Perhaps a little more bio-friendly with the bees. Out of interest, which parts of the suit pictured would you prefer to be made out of kevlar ?

• 11 months later...