Deck Hazen submitted a new resource:

[plain]Neonicotinoids study[/plain] - [plain]tends to support the claim of harm[/plain]

"Sub-lethal exposure to neonicotinoids impaired honey bees

winterization before proceeding to colony collapse disorder " done by Chensheng (Alex) LU, Kenneth M. WARCHOL and Richard A. CALLAHAN in the U.S. and not funded by Bayer.

Many thanks to Gary (Kiwimana ) for finding it and the news story announcing it at Scientists May Have Finally Pinpointed What's Killing...

Read more about this resource...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We think we know the cause of influenza ("flu") now. Its caused by Roundup. I mean, I drank some roundup and I felt awful. Went to bed with chills and shivers and was in bed for quite a while. Just like all the people around me who claimed they had the flu.

The study above is similarly awful. "we reckon there's about 50,000 bees so that's a dose of . .umm . . .about . . .". No pathogen checks (despite earlier paper pointing what neonics are doing), no Nosema checks (1 control hive died of Nosema-like symptoms) . . .yet plenty of hives have high levels of Nosema and no symptoms.

• Like 2

In addition to John's post above, please read the comments from Dave Black and Alastair re Dr Lu's 'studies'.

New Study into CCD points finger @ neonicotinoids | Page 2 | NZ Beekeepers Forum

Researchers close in on CCD culprit | NZ Beekeepers Forum

Researchers close in on CCD culprit

This is extremely poor work and should not be used as a reference if you want any sort of credibility.

• Like 1
Hi John,

Sorry to hear you got sick - I guess Roundup just isn't for everybody.

Deck, I think you missed the point of @JohnF post, I think he is using Roundup to reduce the amount of shaving he needs to do.

Or am I just a bit green ? :) and I got a beard anyway so I won't try it.

sorry, you don't seem to know much about conspiracy, Deck?:)

this study was put out from the pro - nic activists like Dave :) to then discredit it and discredit anti - nics activists like you with it.

The straw man ploy.

I was thinking about asking some impertinent questions like where people are employed, whether or not they hold shares in related companies, if they have relatives that work in the industry - stuff like that - but I'm just a Larva.

In any event I don't think we could launch an effective campaign unless we could muster more unity, I guess we have to score this one for the Nics and find some other way to help our bee buddies.

As to the report - what do you think is the cause of the increase in colony losses?

Deck, I think it *was* the neonics playing their role - but this is not the same as saying they cause CCD. Another paper that I think we have mentioned on the forum showed neonics suppressed the bee's immune system and allowed viral loads to escalate.

Would we see the same symptoms if we fed them a range of Roundup levels in their sugar syrup?

Sorry if I was being a bit facetious

Deck, I think you missed the point of @JohnF post, I think he is using Roundup to reduce the amount of shaving he needs to do.

Thanks for the tip @tudor ! ;)

• Like 1
the pro - nic activists like Dave :)

Gee @tom sayn , that cuts to the quick.clear.png;-)

For the record I am not pro neonic. I am pro reason and logic, pro science. I am pro critical, knowledgeable journalism, and I am pro informed discussion. I am particularly in favour of doing homework.

You brought up Germany somewhere, so here is a reminder for you From The Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (attached). It's worth remembering that Germany started up blocking the ban, a cynic would point to Bayer headquarters. It later changed its position and voted in favour. The same cynic would mention the impending elections at the time.

BVL.txt

• Like 4

i thought the nics were already banned in germany when the eu ban came up for vote.

but that wouldn't surprise me if germany would ban it in germany but oppose a ban in eu.

basically that's what bayer/germany is doing all the time:

if it's too dirty for "first"world sell it to second or third world. and if it's absolute toxic and a liability they donate it as aid to 3rd world to avoid expensive disposal and save a lot of taxes by declaring it as donation.

• Like 2

CCD evidence neonikotin not guilty.

My experiments on bees are interesting.

In my environment (Serbia) no CCD, ...

Why?

I have developed a theory and I made a CCD.

I'm not sure who the real CCD in America but I'm sure it's certain industry groups.

I have a great desire to prove it.

But I do not have the funds for such an undertaking.

No it does not want to pay me to do.

If you are interested to justify and to prove that your company is not to blame for CCD, CONTACT ME.

Spomenko Todorovic

This is what I sent to the address of the BAYER company and waiting for a response.

CCD've proved many times and I can tell you that I would be enriched if he were a human being inhuman.

But I am human.

I can prove what is the CCD.