Weather and late blooms

Now that is interesting. It would seem that there is a marked delay in cabbage tree flowering times as one travels south. I wonder if this is due to the average climate at each reporting station, or is it because of local weather conditions.... what else anyone?

Well Graham, If you didn't know it there are 3 very well setup weather stations in your town, including one with a great ULD lighting tracker. Local weather v climate of course are two totally separate sciences, but it does seem that things are late in general this year.

5992e9eb0f100_ScreenShot2011-12-06at8_02_12PM.png.0333ad87178651e01906e2fd704173d9.png

5992e9eb175b3_ScreenShot2011-12-06at8_02_42PM.png.f9747a3d0cb1ccfa7fa031e727835cc9.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Graham, If you didn't know it there are 3 very well setup weather stations in your town, including one with a great ULD lighting tracker. Local weather v climate of course are two totally separate sciences, but it does seem that things are late in general this year.

Hey grant... wow... impressive data for last month and comparison for Nov 2010. I am aware of the stn that used to be on SWDC's building, now on the Billah St water reservoir, and I had access to the weather data in real time from Kinleith's stn. Nort sure where the 3rd stn is?

Hey grant... wow... impressive data for last month and comparison for Nov 2010. I am aware of the stn that used to be on SWDC's building, now on the Billah St water reservoir, and I had access to the weather data in real time from Kinleith's stn. Nort sure where the 3rd stn is?

If you look on the page for the NZ Weather Network at http://www.nzweather.net/springston/nzwn.php you've got Billah St (central) as you mentioned, then Tok North and Tok South as they seem to have renamed themselves.

• Like 1