Harlan Cox

Hive Mate

Nice looking truck my work truck is a NPR good on the snow and ice not so flash of road . How much can the front axle carry I like the idea of diff locks on the dash mine has LSD up front but can grab when I don't want it to . The only smallish 4x4 with lockers when I got my truck was the Mercedes Argo but that was two big . This looks like it has the goods

The wrong side !

We own a mini so I am used to it now

You must have better brain hand wiring than me. Wifey drives a Rav 4 (UK diesel version) with a left handed indicator switch. When I am allowed to drive it the window gets wiped at nearly all the corners, then when I jump back into one of my trucks I am doubting myself at all the corners for the next few days. Auto pilot takes a while to reset.

• Like 3

Rob if you can please make a video about your truck when is ready for action(deck, crane).

@Rob Atkinson how has the new truck gone would like to see some photos of it now it's finished
  • Like 2

Very nice does it has enough power with a full load I find the new common rail motor a bit strange to drive my Isuzu seems to go better with a load than empty ,and being a 4x4 there is a big step up between second and third not so bad in low box .

have done 4000kms so far. I have brought a load of packed honey from auckland and took a load of 100 manuka stickys to Coromandal, enough power .

pulls well up hill 4th or 5th gear a lot the time where as the atlas would have been in second so a nice change.

Been using the 1/2 gear a bit, handy in traffic in the city when you are chugging along and farm tracks when you don't need low box

these are nice cranes my mate got one coming he cant wait either.

these are nice cranes my mate got one coming he cant wait either.

Yep they look well made and intelligently manufactured with simple robust controls that will be difficult to break...although I can imagine getting tired and stuffing something up at some stage.

• Like 2

Whoooooooaaaa , biiiig boys toys ! Me want me want me want :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Like 2

We need a new thread bee waggons

OK time to show off my new toy too :) I went the Ezyloader route and am stoked with how it is performing. It is the manual level 125kg model with brakes on the boom to hold it in position.

Very nice set up

It would be good to hear if anyone on this forum has a Quicklift crane or similar and what they think of it

Ive got a 050 quicklift for sale.

20141203_161415.jpg.9d821726b3d0228f1defe90c7d8ca289.jpg

Ive got a 050 quicklift for sale.

I'm interested PM sent

I was a bit silly last night lifting Full honey boxes 5 high back on to the hive.

We discussed last year about lifting full honey boxes too high.:(

A bit of a rough nights sleep but hopefully just a simple strain that will be ok in a few days.

How

Well with the fine settled weather of the last week I needed to add boxes.

As I only have new foundation boxes left and I don't like to put foundation on the top of the stack I lifted the top 2 or 3 off and added the new box as the 2nd honey then added the the rest back to the stack.

4 honey boxes high is fine but that 5th one is too much.

Sorry to hear about your back Shaun, it's a damn nuisance at this time of year.

We carry on the truck, steps (made from three boxes and a couple of sturdy pieces of ply wood). In my head I'm 5'10", reality is another thing altogether. I can't super up once they get too high. Himself also uses the steps when we're putting in the Clearers and loading the honey supers so he can walk onto the truck. They stack nicely, but take up a bit of room but they are back savers and worth it.

why do you think my back is nearly shot :(

mind you these days i have a rough rule of don't put full supers back on a hive. did years of it and its a killer.

mind you i can still put full supers 5 hive stacked on the deck of the ute without steps or getting on the ute :eek:

could be worse, it could be green hay bales !

One thing I can say after 40 plus years in the building game that being a wimp all that time when it came to heavy or awkward lifting has paid off, no back problems at all in spite of 40 plus years of weekends crawling around the hills with a pack. (y)

Sorry to hear about your back Shaun.

Actually its not my back, rather my left side abs:what:

We carry on the truck, steps (made from three boxes and a couple of sturdy pieces of ply wood). In my head I'm 5'10", reality is another thing altogether. I can't super up once they get too high. Himself also uses the steps when we're putting in the Clearers and loading the honey supers so he can walk onto the truck. They stack nicely, but take up a bit of room but they are back savers and worth it.

I've got several aluminium steps and platforms just need to get them out and start using them(y)

spite of 40 plus years of weekends crawling around the hills with a pack.

that would help a lot. keeping fit and moving.

one problem i have now is i'm not out hunting, not doing the lifting i used to do at work, so when i do start doing the medium stuff, everything hurts.