New Zealand Bloom Dates for 2013

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is some times Yesbut.No honestly when every thing lines up it is a great place for beekeeping.We get Kamahi and Wesland,Quintinia every year.We get Southern Rata once every 4 to 5 years.I do not know any whre you can get a yield of 50 plus kgs per hive of one variety of honey.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Kamahi,Westland Quintinia flowering down here.Watch it will rain the whole of November and we will have to feed even though there is flower out there.

Be positive the bloody rain has to let up soon. You guys have had a ruff ride just lately and we have had a guts full of it as well. I have Manuka starting to flower on the coast here but between the wind and/or rain cant get any in the supers.:mad:

cabbage tree is flowering in Putaruru now. Clover out although I dont see bees on it yet as they seem more interested in collecting pollen from other sources.

Cabbage tree flowering is prolific up here in the Waitakeres, there are also some smaller manuka shrubs beginning to flower in places.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

Cabbage trees, banksia and bottle brush covered with flowers and bees. One or two of the smaller sized (ie under six foot) Pohutakawa cultivars (Maori Princess) are flowering already.

The big pohutakawas along the coastline are absolutely covered with a mass of buds, so once they're flowering the bees will be happy.

Think it's going to be a dry summer along the west coast.

Nothing much flowering here at all, or just not enough anyway. Started feeding my splits 2:1 water to sugar syrup. They have almost eaten all their supplies. Just not enough fine calm days either. One hive assumed I was there to rob them and flew into defence mode, but quickly started sucking up what I had given them