Manuka/Kanuka flowering

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Council planted some ti-tree down the back a couple years ago, is flowering at present. Will try and get photos. Wonder what its doing en-mass in the bush?

None of my Manuka or Kanuka is flowering at the moment, and we're up in the bush...

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

Won't get anything off manuka this time of year though, it's too cold

That was what I found fascinating last year ... the manuka flowered prolifically but it was too cold for the nectar to flow.

Having said that one of the beeks I saw a few weeks back up here reckons the bees had started bringing in manuka nectar up at Te Rerenga Wairua aka Spirits Bay. It's got cold here since then though ... but then again, Te Rerenga Wairua's an hour and a half North of here ...

That was what I found fascinating last year ... the manuka flowered prolifically but it was too cold for the nectar to flow.

Having said that one of the beeks I saw a few weeks back up here reckons the bees had started bringing in manuka nectar up at Te Rerenga Wairua aka Spirits Bay. It's got cold here since then though ... but then again, Te Rerenga Wairua's an hour and a half North of here ...

Interesting.

I believe it needs to be over 18degrees to get nectar.

I guess it's possible